Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and a friend are visiting and want to go out clubbing, any suggestions? They are 23, so where should they go that is reasonably safe etc (worried dad bit)

That said she just won silver medal at karate world championship but heh!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
They're 23 not 17 and given your caution, it's safe to assume you've brought them up right. They'll get hit on a few times but they'll be fine.

What type of music do they like? If they like house music at the tasteful end of the spectrum, then 360 in Jumeriah Beach Hotel, the venue's location has a bit of wow for tourists too.

Anywhere in Madinat itself will be fine, but mostly bars at the moment. If they want more mainstream pop and a band, Barasti. And loads of places I'm a bit loathe to mention - Mahiki, Embassy, Buddha Bar, possibly even Zinc.

Just avoid Bur Dubai and Deira and don't accept drinks from strangers. Despite the news stories thousands of people do go out every weekend without incident.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're 23 not 17 and given your caution, it's safe to assume you've brought them up right. They'll get hit on a few times but they'll be fine.

What type of music do they like? If they like house music at the tasteful end of the spectrum, then 360 in Jumeriah Beach Hotel, the venue's location has a bit of wow for tourists too.

Anywhere in Madinat itself will be fine, but mostly bars at the moment. If they want more mainstream pop and a band, Barasti. And loads of places I'm a bit loathe to mention - Mahiki, Embassy, Buddha Bar, possibly even Zinc.

Just avoid Bur Dubai and Deira and don't accept drinks from strangers. Despite the news stories thousands of people do go out every weekend without incident.
Thanks, 360 sounds fine and maybe Barasti

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Some of the places at Dubai Marine Hotel are good, Malecon is usually good for a mix of live Latin music and R&B/cheese played by a DJ, Boudoir is also popular with young women too so I've heard but not actually tried. A couple of drinks and some tasty Mexican food at Loca and your night's sorted.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
23 year old speaking: I don't go out that much but many of my friends frequent some interesting (in a good way) places.

Recommended Ladies Nights
Mon: The Stables - Monday Mademoiselle
Wed: Media One Hotel's Dek on 8 - Gossip
Thurs: Marina Address Blends

Something a bit different
Wed: Marina Address Salsa Night!
Fri: Sunny Vibe Up
Thurs/Fri/Sat: Infusion events

If anything, it's a bit more tame here (due to the possibility of being jailed, I suspect) in Dubai in comparison to the UK scene, so don't be too worried.

Reactions: blazeaway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,
I would recommend places like Mahiki (especially on ladies night), and barasiti.. They are more clubs like cavelli, armani, but can be really pricy!

My sister is 23, and loves Barasiti and Mahiki!

Chloe :)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
None of the afore mentioned are actually clubs - apart from Zinc, Boudoir - they're all bars with dancefloors. Basically they'll get hit on anywhere they go, there's a reason Barasti is known as Bar-nasty lol

As others have said, under no circumstances accept drinks from people they don't know - had a few girlfriends be given spiked drinks here.

Rossi - daughters are ALWAYS 'Daddy's little girl' - we never grow out of that title.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
BEHOOOOLD....You should be more concerned with her friend if that friend happens to be a GUY.

Did I somehow put your concerns at ease ? Glad to help!!!

I would recommend that you look for any reputable places close to your whereabouts. Times Dubai has a list of good clubs I guess and reviews.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would recommend Stables on a ladies night as they usually have good live music going on and/ or Barasti. Both really safe places and full of friendly types :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts