Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
On a side note, heard the other day Eric Clapton is coming back in March (i think) for another show. Pretty stoked about that ...

Reactions: colaxs

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
STP in Dubai!!! Holy guacamole!! I love love love them! This is the best news ever!

Geez....they've got some good acts lined up for the Jazz Fest next year!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
A unapologetic racist that plays the blues and covers Bob Marley :confused:
See I didn't have any idea about his racist rants from the 80's until you mentioned it and I googled it. To be honest it's hard to keep up with all the b.s people have put out across their lives ... liked him for his music, yes most were covers, but some originals too ... either way, not as stoked now.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
See I didn't have any idea about his racist rants from the 80's until you mentioned it and I googled it. To be honest it's hard to keep up with all the b.s people have put out across their lives ... liked him for his music, yes most were covers, but some originals too ... either way, not as stoked now.
The Yardbirds and Cream certainly have their moments. Less said about Wonderful Tonight the better ;)

It does raise the question though that I've debated a few times before. Should an artists own personality affect your own appreciation of their work and if so, where do you draw the line? Lennon was a wife beater, Bowie had his Nazi period, Jimmy Page a pedophile and serial abuser while Phil Spector is a psycho, murderer.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The Yardbirds and Cream certainly have their moments. Less said about Wonderful Tonight the better ;)

It does raise the question though that I've debated a few times before. Should an artists own personality affect your own appreciation of their work and if so, where do you draw the line? Lennon was a wife beater, Bowie had his Nazi period, Jimmy Page a pedophile and serial abuser while Phil Spector is a psycho, murderer.
If you go along those lines you wouldn't be able to listen to much rap now a days either (and I don't), unless of course you support misogyny.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Same day there's Ke$ha at Redfest. Choices, choices...
If you feel like you need to CHOOSE between STP and Kesha...then choose Kesha.

I saw Linkin Park at the Yas F1 concert a couple of years ago and their energy, especially Chester's was amazing! I'm sure he's going to be great. Scott Weiland's voice is brilliant and very distinctive but I can't wait to watch these guys perform!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
If you go along those lines you wouldn't be able to listen to much rap now a days either (and I don't), unless of course you support misogyny.
Public Enemy, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, The Goats, Digable Planets, Arrested Development, Gang Starr and hundreds others. There's loads of hip hop beyond b!tches, ho's and making $.

My point wasn't concerned with the art itself, rather can you enjoy a song, book, painting or film knowing the creator was a wrong 'un but the art itself fairly tepid or not at all controversial.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts