Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have received my student visa for one year but the consulate in french embassy of my country didnt send me the ofii form with it. Has someone else faced the same issue? If so has anyone still extended their visa from France after one year stay?

Please your response shall be very helpful for me.

Thanks

·
Administrator
49,424 Posts
The student visas get handled a little bit differently than some of the other visa types. I'm not sure that you need to do an OFII form on a student visa. Your school might have information about this.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The student visas get handled a little bit differently than some of the other visa types. I'm not sure that you need to do an OFII form on a student visa. Your school might have information about this.
Cheers,
Bev
Well my visa type is D and remarks are etudiant. In the university's guideline file they told to bring ofii form to get a booking at the ofii office along with visa.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yes, you need to do the OFII form. Tsk, Bev, lol. They're really not handled all that differently (based on my experience with both longstay visitor visa and student visa-- the only difference with the student visa is that my RDV was with a bunch of other students in the waiting room, and we didn't have to do the X-ray. Oh, and it was cheaper.). What they usually do is include the stamped form when they send you back your passport with the visa in it. Then, within a few days of your arrival in France, you send that form along with copies of your passport/visa and the stamp of entry to the Schengen zone (I believe) to the address of the OFII handlers in your area (on my form, they list the address for each department on the back of the form). Then, in three months or so, they send you your appointment to get your OFII sticker.

You tagged Pakistan here, so if that's where you're from, then maybe they do it differently. Have you left your country yet? If not (or even if so), definitely contact them (the consulate that issued the visa) and ask about your OFII form. I do believe you'll need it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you need to do the OFII form. Tsk, Bev, lol. They're really not handled all that differently (based on my experience with both longstay visitor visa and student visa-- the only difference with the student visa is that my RDV was with a bunch of other students in the waiting room, and we didn't have to do the X-ray. Oh, and it was cheaper.). What they usually do is include the stamped form when they send you back your passport with the visa in it. Then, within a few days of your arrival in France, you send that form along with copies of your passport/visa and the stamp of entry to the Schengen zone (I believe) to the address of the OFII handlers in your area (on my form, they list the address for each department on the back of the form). Then, in three months or so, they send you your appointment to get your OFII sticker.

You tagged Pakistan here, so if that's where you're from, then maybe they do it differently. Have you left your country yet? If not (or even if so), definitely contact them (the consulate that issued the visa) and ask about your OFII form. I do believe you'll need it.
Thanks for this information. I tried to mail the consulate many times but they dont reply unfortunately. I am running out of options and I will have to travel very soon now. Someone told me that I can still renew it from france if my remarks are etudiant on the visa. If I take a new ofii form print out with me to france do you think it can work?

As the embassy dont respond I guess there is nothing much I can do. Your opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hmm. I'm not sure, I don't have experience with trying to do that (getting the OFII sticker/titre de séjour without the stamped form). I would have to think some students/people lose the form sometimes...so they must have some kind of back up plan in place? I don't know, though. What school/area are you going to in France? I mean, one option is for you to email the prefecture in your future area (in France) and ask them. Or the OFII people. If you tell me your planned zip code in France I can try to look them up for you, if that helps at all. (You don't have to say it if you don't want to!) But yeah. You could try it from that end...tell the people in France you don't have it and ask what they advise to do before you go.

Someone asked that on here before, and Bev gave advice back then to just download an OFII form online, include that when you send it, and leave a note about what happened (as to why there is no stamp). I guess that's another option -- we never heard back from if that worked or not!

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/france-expat-forum-expats-living-france/871282-lost-my-ofii-form.html

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Thanks for this information. I tried to mail the consulate many times but they dont reply unfortunately. I am running out of options and I will have to travel very soon now. Someone told me that I can still renew it from france if my remarks are etudiant on the visa. If I take a new ofii form print out with me to france do you think it can work?

As the embassy dont respond I guess there is nothing much I can do. Your opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks
I believe you can submit a new form that you download and print from the internet, since you have to submit your passport and visa anyway (would that be a copy of the passport and visa, Soleil - surely you wouldn't send in the original?), but that's only what I recall from previous posts on this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm. I'm not sure, I don't have experience with trying to do that (getting the OFII sticker/titre de séjour without the stamped form). I would have to think some students/people lose the form sometimes...so they must have some kind of back up plan in place? I don't know, though. What school/area are you going to in France? I mean, one option is for you to email the prefecture in your future area (in France) and ask them. Or the OFII people. If you tell me your planned zip code in France I can try to look them up for you, if that helps at all. (You don't have to say it if you don't want to!) But yeah. You could try it from that end...tell the people in France you don't have it and ask what they advise to do before you go.

Someone asked that on here before, and Bev gave advice back then to just download an OFII form online, include that when you send it, and leave a note about what happened (as to why there is no stamp). I guess that's another option -- we never heard back from if that worked or not!

I am going to a university in rouen. Its zip code is 76800. Let me know if that can somehow work in finding this out.

Thanks

·
Administrator
49,424 Posts
There are consulates that have a downloadable version of the OFII form on their website. Check to see if that is the case for your consulate. If you can download the form, you just need to tell the OFII that you did not receive a stamped copy of the form with your visa.

But as Soleil indicates, there are very often different procedures for students coming from different countries.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
EH, yes, I think you missed a word (surely by accident), I said "you send that form along with copies of your passport/visa and the stamp of entry to the Schengen zone" ...so yes, you send copies, not the original!

And adann, okay, I'll see if I can find the contact info for them so maybe you can send them an email! Stay tuned

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EH, yes, I think you missed a word (surely by accident), I said "you send that form along with copies of your passport/visa and the stamp of entry to the Schengen zone" ...so yes, you send copies, not the original!

And adann, okay, I'll see if I can find the contact info for them so maybe you can send them an email! Stay tuned
Thanks alot my friend. I'll be waiting for your kind response.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Maybe you could try emailing them? They list "[email protected]"...but I question whether that address actually works/exists/is current.

https://demarchesadministratives.fr/ofii-immigration-integration/rouen-76000

Here's the site for the Prefecture for your region. I think they're somehow connected to the OFII stuff, lol, so they might have some advice. This is a form you can fill out.

I have no idea if they'll respond :/ but you can try asking them what to do if you don't have your stamped OFII form. Good luck.

Contactez-nous / Accueil - Les services de l'État en Seine-Maritime

(Oh and for what it's worth, here's a link to the form. at least what we're given in the US: https://washington.consulfrance.org/IMG/pdf/ofii_ENG-3.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts