Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been quiet here for a while, but here I'm back :)

So, my Chinese wife and I arrived in France a week ago now.
It's still quite hard for me to adapt to the "ways" here. It's gonna take time, but I will try.

I'm gonna be short here for now, I just have a question to ask...
This morning we received the "Attestation de reception du formulaire de Demande d'Attestation OFII".

Everything looks fine, except the last line at the bottom on this letter:
"La présente attestation ne présage pas de la suite qui pourra être réservée à cette demande, en raison de la nécessaire présentation ultérieure de documents complémentaires."

Did you all have this sentence on your letter? Is it normal?
We sent them the OFII form stamped by the embassy, with a copy of her passport and visa and the stamp from the airport at her arrival in France, so as far as I know, we sent everything they asked for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
William

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that one. (Oh, by the way - welcome back!!! Good to see you made the trip ok.)

All they are confirming is that they got the stuff you sent them. (Good thing.) Your wife will then receive a convocation for her appointment at the OFII - and they will ask her to bring certain other documents (or maybe even some of the same documents you've already sent copies of). All they're doing to covering their butts when they ask you to bring copies of the same things to the appointment. (You have been away from France for a long time, haven't you?)

Anyhow, it looks like all systems are "go" - now you just wait for the appointment. Glad to have you back, in any event.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't worry about that one. (Oh, by the way - welcome back!!! Good to see you made the trip ok.)

All they are confirming is that they got the stuff you sent them. (Good thing.) Your wife will then receive a convocation for her appointment at the OFII - and they will ask her to bring certain other documents (or maybe even some of the same documents you've already sent copies of). All they're doing to covering their butts when they ask you to bring copies of the same things to the appointment. (You have been away from France for a long time, haven't you?)

Anyhow, it looks like all systems are "go" - now you just wait for the appointment. Glad to have you back, in any event.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you very much Bev!
And yes, I've been away from France for 10 years.
We will be waiting for the next letter for her appointment.

BTW, at the airport they only stamped the passport, not the OFII form.

Cheers,
William

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Welcome back to France, Will - hope all goes well for you and your wife. Only time will tell, and all you can do is your best :)

Whilst it's great that you have somewhere to live for now, I don't envy you living with your parents now you are married and used to making your own way in life - that's an enormous adjustment to make and very different to occasional visits home.

Anyway, would love to hear how you get on as time goes by.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How long did it take to get the letter? Sent mine registered April 25/26 or so. We did get the signature back, but no invitation for my appointment yet. Is 6 weeks the right amount of time to expect?

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
From what we've seen here on the boards recently, it can take up to 3 or 4 months to actually get your appointment. From what I can tell, it depends on the local OFII office, how many forms they have received, and how quickly they can pull together the space and people needed for the full appointment. There may be a little further delay, too, thanks to all the holidays in the month of May, followed by everyone getting organized for the July-August vacation season.

Not all OFIIs send acknowledgment letters, like what William's wife got. OTOH, Paris does seem to set up meetings more frequently. So hang in there.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome back to France, Will - hope all goes well for you and your wife. Only time will tell, and all you can do is your best :)

Whilst it's great that you have somewhere to live for now, I don't envy you living with your parents now you are married and used to making your own way in life - that's an enormous adjustment to make and very different to occasional visits home.

Anyway, would love to hear how you get on as time goes by.
Hi,

Thank you very much.
Living with my parents is not that bad.
I am thankful coz I don't know how we would do without them.
Besides, we never had enough money to rent a place for ourselves, so we've never lived alone.
At least now we live in a real house, with people we know and who do their best to help us.

It's not ideal, but we do our best with what we have. It's more like everything else is hard to deal with.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How long did it take to get the letter? Sent mine registered April 25/26 or so. We did get the signature back, but no invitation for my appointment yet. Is 6 weeks the right amount of time to expect?
We received our confirmation letter this morning after 5 days.
I have no idea when we will receive the Appointment letter.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow, celticwill received his quick! I sent mine on May 11th and got the "Attestation de reception" on May 22nd!

My letter also stated, "La présente attestation ne présage pas de la suite qui pourra être réservée à cette demande, en raison de la nécessaire présentation ultérieure de documents complémentaires."

As for all OFII's sending out the Attestation, Bev is right, not all of them do. I recently met another forum member a few days ago and she said she received emails, so who knows! :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, celticwill received his quick! I sent mine on May 11th and got the "Attestation de reception" on May 22nd!

My letter also stated, "La présente attestation ne présage pas de la suite qui pourra être réservée à cette demande, en raison de la nécessaire présentation ultérieure de documents complémentaires."

As for all OFII's sending out the Attestation, Bev is right, not all of them do. I recently met another forum member a few days ago and she said she received emails, so who knows! :p
Thanks, it's nice to know we're on the same boat ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts