Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am currently stressing a bit over this "Proof of Accommodation" for the OFII appointment for a long stay visa. We currently have this lovely lady who is renting out a part of her home to us as a small ground apartment for as long as we are not within the summer months as she warned us prices will go up.

We found her place listed on Leboncoin as a holiday rental, my main concern is how I am going to give proof of this and have it be valid. Last time we stayed at her place, she printed out what my French husband calls "a civilian contract", at least that's the best way he's able to translate it, where we sign and give her the payment for that month.

We're planning on finding a long term apartment while we stay at her place for a bit however the OFII procedure needs to be done within the first 3 months and knowing from experience, it's extremely difficult to find anyone that'll lease to you in a reasonable amount in just one month and there lies my concern, is the paper we sign when we first arrive at her place enough? Does proof only matter as a way for them to send the appointment date and any additional information for the first three months? I'm starting to think that this proof as not as formal as I'm making it out to be in my head.
Does anyone have any experience with this or advice?

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts