Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My husband has applied for a offshore spousal visa to australia from dubai in June of 2009. We handed in form 80 and they requested the medical, and we have given them everything that they have asked for so far. We moved to Lebanon 2 months ago, and we're wondering how long it's going to take until we get the visa. Will the move affect the time it takes to process? Will our case go on the bottom of the list? Please reply, i'm so frustrated!!! Because he has already done the medical, does it mean that they'll give it to us soon???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Midnite Crisis (cute name there..) I can't comment on DIAC's processing time, but if all (and I do mean ALL including PCC + all possible evidences of your marriage), then I'd say the approval should happen anytime soon.

Since the application was lodged in Dubai:
1) have you been assigned a Case Officer?
2) have you tried calling/contacting the AU Embassy to find out your application status?

As far as I can see, no reason for your app to go right at the bottom of the pile...

It's a new year now, look forward and stay happy! =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Midnite Crisis (cute name there..) I can't comment on DIAC's processing time, but if all (and I do mean ALL including PCC + all possible evidences of your marriage), then I'd say the approval should happen anytime soon.

Since the application was lodged in Dubai:
1) have you been assigned a Case Officer?
2) have you tried calling/contacting the AU Embassy to find out your application status?

As far as I can see, no reason for your app to go right at the bottom of the pile...

It's a new year now, look forward and stay happy! =)
Thanks for your reply Miss Swan :)

I have been assigned a case officer, and we did contact Beirut Embassy but the operator says that we cannot speak to our case officer and that she will answer any questions we may have.

We are staying positive :)

Happy New Year! :clap2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts