Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Hello, suppose I get invitation of 491, I pay fees and apply for 491 visa. After one month, I receive invitation of 190 and I want to apply for 190 visa. Do I need to pay the fees again for 190 visa. What about visa fees I already paid for 491 visa? I am offshore applicant. Status - EOI lodged.
You will have to pay full fees for 190 again
You can apply for refund of the 491 fees, but the chances of getting it back are negligible
Cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hello, suppose I get invitation of 491, I pay fees and apply for 491 visa. After one month, I receive invitation of 190 and I want to apply for 190 visa. Do I need to pay the fees again for 190 visa. What about visa fees I already paid for 491 visa? I am offshore applicant. Status - EOI lodged.
Your fee won't be refunded I guess. You need to pay for 190 as seperate visa application. Neither it can be adjusted,only on extreme cases where the person has died. Please correct me if I am wrong. There are other members like NB who can shed more light to your question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you NB and Realy85 for responses. So, should I go for NSW 491 visa which will open in February 2021 for the offshore applicant or wait for 190 visas of different states which may open in July 2021 for offshore? Choosing which option would be a wise decision considering limited job availabilities as a mechanical engineer for me and as a software developer for my wife in regional NSW. Also, considering the processing time of both visas. I have 90 points for 190 and 100 points for 491. Status - EOI lodged.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Thank you NB and Realy85 for responses. So, should I go for NSW 491 visa which will open in February 2021 for the offshore applicant or wait for 190 visas of different states which may open in July 2021 for offshore? Choosing which option would be a wise decision considering limited job availabilities as a mechanical engineer for me and as a software developer for my wife in regional NSW. Also, considering the processing time of both visas. I have 90 points for 190 and 100 points for 491. Status - EOI lodged.
Try for both
If you get a Preinvite, then think
The chances of getting a preinvite for a offshore candidate under any visa category without 95-100 points ( Without SS ) are practically nil At least for a year, if not more
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Experts,

This is my 1st post in this forum however, I am checking this forum almost every day. I am waiting for the 489 visas that I applied in June 2019. I cot CO contact on 31 October 2019 for my wife functional English. I was patiently waiting for my visa as I am still working for an MNC. But fortunately, I got selected for a job opportunity as an Engineer with a company in Australia. I already completed my 3 rounds of interviews and they are positive about it and willing to provide relocation service as well. However, they mentioned that they won't be able to issue a formal job offer without my visa being granted. I do understand this ongoing turmoil due to COVID-19 but I already wrote feedback on the DOHA website. Is there anything else we(me and my Migration agent) can do to expedite my visa process? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Experts,

This is my 1st post in this forum however, I am checking this forum almost every day. I am waiting for the 489 visas that I applied in June 2019. I cot CO contact on 31 October 2019 for my wife functional English. I was patiently waiting for my visa as I am still working for an MNC. But fortunately, I got selected for a job opportunity as an Engineer with a company in Australia. I already completed my 3 rounds of interviews and they are positive about it and willing to provide relocation service as well. However, they mentioned that they won't be able to issue a formal job offer without my visa being granted. I do understand this ongoing turmoil due to COVID-19 but I already wrote feedback on the DOHA website. Is there anything else we(me and my Migration agent) can do to expedite my visa process? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
Unfortunately it is not very clear as to how DHA are prioritising Visa applications during these times. If you have written a generic feedback, then it is as good as throwing it in the bin. If you have written to them against your application, then hope they consider a speedy decision in your favour.

I know it sucks after having waited for so long, but unfortunately that's the way it is. All the best..!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately it is not very clear as to how DHA are prioritising Visa applications during these times. If you have written a generic feedback, then it is as good as throwing it in the bin. If you have written to them against your application, then hope they consider a speedy decision in your favour.

I know it sucks after having waited for so long, but unfortunately that's the way it is. All the best..!
Thank you Fugitive for your response. I include all the details about my job offer in my feedback form and I even provide them with the contact details of my prospective employer in Australia. Hope I will get some response soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
May I know your points for 491? Is it family sponsorship or nominated state?

·
Registered
7 Posts
"RDA Sydney is now accepting applications for 491 visa." Is it applicable for offshore too? Can we apply for a nomination? If we apply for nomination by paying fees of $800 and does not receive a positive outcome then is this fee refundable? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
202 Posts
"RDA Sydney is now accepting applications for 491 visa." Is it applicable for offshore too? Can we apply for a nomination? If we apply for nomination by paying fees of $800 and does not receive a positive outcome then is this fee refundable? Thank you in advance.
Pls read carefully the RDA sydney website where it says:

RDA Sydney will not be accepting offshore applications under stream 3b until further notice. This is due to the request from the Australian Government to prioritise on-shore applicants and the national border restrictions because of COVID-19.

This will be reviewed in April and no exceptions can be made.

and from the RDA Central Coast website (they’re the same across RDAs)

Assessment fee for 491 visa: AUD $800

The processing fee is an administration charge only and is not outcome based.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys ,, I'm new here ..have been following updates for a while and it has helped indeed .I'm an offshore candidate from india ( bangalore )- 233512 - ACT 491 state nomination.Lodged my visa application on 1 st apr 2020.Yesterday i've received a request for Form 80 from the CO.I have few doubts if someone could help me out.In the proposed travel section - should i check the " NO " box for "do you have any proposed or booked travel dates". Because this can be filled only by someone who have their tickets booked and not by someone who is awaiting a visa grant. And for " Address in Australia " section - They are asking for an address / location of stay .Do I leave it blank or just mention Canberra and ACT.
Point 24 says -Are you applying for temporary visa - I'll have to select " yes " as 491 is a temp visa - But then the list goes on asking the details of travel with date of departure and ticket details .
Appreciate your response in advance..

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Hey guys ,, I'm new here ..have been following updates for a while and it has helped indeed .I'm an offshore candidate from india ( bangalore )- 233512 - ACT 491 state nomination.Lodged my visa application on 1 st apr 2020.Yesterday i've received a request for Form 80 from the CO.I have few doubts if someone could help me out.In the proposed travel section - should i check the " NO " box for "do you have any proposed or booked travel dates". Because this can be filled only by someone who have their tickets booked and not by someone who is awaiting a visa grant. And for " Address in Australia " section - They are asking for an address / location of stay .Do I leave it blank or just mention Canberra and ACT.
Point 24 says -Are you applying for temporary visa - I'll have to select " yes " as 491 is a temp visa - But then the list goes on asking the details of travel with date of departure and ticket details .
You can write to be decided after grant of visa for dates everywhere
Address you can write Canberra ACT
Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
case officers are not robots lol
For me,
Proposed date of travel - i write ‘at some point 2021-2022 when visa is granted’
Address - adelaide(only city name)
Temp visa -perhaps you can mention ‘491’ and repeat just rough year you are likely to travel and name of the city you are likely to settle.

you dont need to give full address or exact date you are going to travel. They know you are a 491 applicant and travel/address is all depend on your visa grant/covid situation. No issues on my side and recieved direct grant for 189.

·
Registered
7 Posts
case officers are not robots lol
For me,
Proposed date of travel - i write ‘at some point 2021-2022 when visa is granted’
Address - adelaide(only city name)
Temp visa -perhaps you can mention ‘491’ and repeat just rough year you are likely to travel and name of the city you are likely to settle.

you dont need to give full address or exact date you are going to travel. They know you are a 491 applicant and travel/address is all depend on your visa grant/covid situation. No issues on my side and recieved direct grant for 189.
thanks juni ..sometimes they do act like robots..hehe ..it happened with me for Engineers Australia ..had to write a harsh response for my work ex consideration ,which made them change their decision .....anyways thanks for your response ..appreciate it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys ,, I'm new here ..have been following updates for a while and it has helped indeed .I'm an offshore candidate from india ( bangalore )- 233512 - ACT 491 state nomination.Lodged my visa application on 1 st apr 2020.Yesterday i've received a request for Form 80 from the CO.I have few doubts if someone could help me out.In the proposed travel section - should i check the " NO " box for "do you have any proposed or booked travel dates". Because this can be filled only by someone who have their tickets booked and not by someone who is awaiting a visa grant.
When did you submit your EOI?

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks juni ..sometimes they do act like robots..hehe ..it happened with me for Engineers Australia ..had to write a harsh response for my work ex consideration ,which made them change their decision .....anyways thanks for your response ..appreciate it..
Hello, mate.

Could you please reveal your points?! Also, would like to know more about your harsh response to EA, if you don't mind.

Regards,
SidR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mate

Could you tell your background?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm currently in Australia with
Naati 5
PTE 10
PY 5
Education 15
Age 30
single 10
Aus studied 5

With all this, im thinking of going back within this month and getting a job back in my country, work for one year and then to apply for 190, 491
is that possible or im shooting for a impossible target?
with current information which i gathered from looking through all the state nominations are for current onshore people, but the thing is it will eventually go back to normal since there are not any students coming in to the country.

with these points as well as 5 points for work which i will collect after working for one year in my country would make me close to 95 points which would be enough to apply for any kind of visa isnt it?

reason for leaving the country is there is not much for me to do here other than odd jobs and compared to the time i stayed here its a complete waste of time, since i graduated in 2018 and still waiting for the PR makes no sense.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
I'm currently in Australia with
Naati 5
PTE 10
PY 5
Education 15
Age 30
single 10
Aus studied 5

With all this, im thinking of going back within this month and getting a job back in my country, work for one year and then to apply for 190, 491
is that possible or im shooting for a impossible target?
with current information which i gathered from looking through all the state nominations are for current onshore people, but the thing is it will eventually go back to normal since there are not any students coming in to the country.

with these points as well as 5 points for work which i will collect after working for one year in my country would make me close to 95 points which would be enough to apply for any kind of visa isnt it?

reason for leaving the country is there is not much for me to do here other than odd jobs and compared to the time i stayed here its a complete waste of time, since i graduated in 2018 and still waiting for the PR makes no sense.
If you have not got a stable job in 2 years, it’s best to go back and try after a couple of years
Cheers

221 - 240 of 272 Posts