Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In the COVID19 era, there is a new key question on all threads - are you onshore or offshore!

Hence starting this thread (I know, lot exist already but I felt this is required)

Can everyone who is offshore and their Visa is gaining any traction (after March 1 2020) post here?

- If you are offshore and got any invite
- If you are offshore and got a CO contact
- If you are offshore and got any response from DHA on your email
- If you are offshore and got your Visa grant :clap2:

Or any relevant update for people waiting outside Australia!

For anyone who has got any updates for others who are offshore, please do post here - it will help a lot of people who are under lock-down in their respective countries

Cheers!
Vik

Reactions: hassankhan14

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will start this thread myself:

Lodged 190 NSW - 11 Dec 2019 (submitted PCC, Medicals etc.)

No CO contact so far

224711 - Management Consultant - Location - New Delhi, India

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
I lodged my 491 SRN visa application on May 06, 2020. As per request from immi accout, I have 14 days time to get my biometrics collected from VSF global but the offices are closed in Saudi Arabia due to COVID 19. What should i do now?Â*Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

In the COVID19 era, there is a new key question on all threads - are you onshore or offshore!

Hence starting this thread (I know, lot exist already but I felt this is required)

Can everyone who is offshore and their Visa is gaining any traction (after March 1 2020) post here?

- If you are offshore and got any invite
- If you are offshore and got a CO contact
- If you are offshore and got any response from DHA on your email
- If you are offshore and got your Visa grant :clap2:

Or any relevant update for people waiting outside Australia!

For anyone who has got any updates for others who are offshore, please do post here - it will help a lot of people who are under lock-down in their respective countries

Cheers!
Vik

Hey Vik, I am currently offshore and got my invite for visa subclass 189(auditor)...Also IMPATIENTLY waiting for any update at the moment! peace lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I was granted my 189 Visa a year ago. Made my initial entry in June last year. Problem is that because of Covid I have to postpone my move. Do you know if there will be any extension for the visa expiration date (or if there are any discussions) because of these new circumstances?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Hi,

I was granted my 189 Visa a year ago. Made my initial entry in June last year. Problem is that because of Covid I have to postpone my move. Do you know if there will be any extension for the visa expiration date (or if there are any discussions) because of these new circumstances?

Thanks,
Nick
The PR doesn’t expire ever
Your travel rights will expire in 5 years as usual
As long as you enter within 5 years , you can live for ever in Australia
If you need to travel out of Australia you will need to apply for a RRV

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just saw one FOI (FA20/07/00162) for the offshore applicant who got the grant:
In Jun 2020 - 47
In May 2020 - 40
In Apr 2020 - 72
In Mar 2020 - 498
In Feb 2020 - 803
In Jan 2020 - 662

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In Jun 2020 - 47
In May 2020 - 40
In Apr 2020 - 72
In Mar 2020 - 498
In Feb 2020 - 803
In Jan 2020 - 662
Yes all healthcare mostly as we have not seen a proof yet for non healthcare grant

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes all healthcare mostly as we have not seen a proof yet for non healthcare grant
May be or May be not. Two of my offshore RN friends are waiting for their 190 grants since Aug & Nov, 2019 respectively (both single applicants). I'm also an offshore RN, applied in Mar-2020, still no updates.

·
Registered
449 Posts
In Jun 2020 - 47
In May 2020 - 40
In Apr 2020 - 72
In Mar 2020 - 498
In Feb 2020 - 803
In Jan 2020 - 662
Yesterday one of the pastry chef offshore got his 489 visa approved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The PR doesn’t expire ever
Your travel rights will expire in 5 years as usual
As long as you enter within 5 years , you can live for ever in Australia
If you need to travel out of Australia you will need to apply for a RRV

Cheers
Hey buddy...any idea as to whether offshore 189 visa applications are still being processed? thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey buddy...any idea as to whether offshore 189 visa applications are still being processed? thanks a bunch!
As per the latest FOI by DHA, there have been offshore grants for 189. For the month of June only, there have been approx 30 grants which includes both the primary and secondary applicants.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is a 491-visa case in the tracker for a non-health profession who has got is approval in may, but he said in the comments he has gotten a job offer and he is now seeking an exemption.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all,

Offshore Civil Engineer (23211) here. I got an invite this week (July 14) with 90 points. My DOE was June 9, 2020 so 5 weeks from DOE until invite.

It seems like Civil Engineer was one of the non-health related occupation codes which received invites this week but not sure if anyone received an invite with a DOE later than mine. I may have been the lucky cut-off person :)

Just going through all the information related to 189 including rights/obligations and will start gathering all my documents with a goal of lodging visa application late July/early Aug. and will provide more updates as I go.

Any other questions feel free to send me a message.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts