Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on where to register an internet based business? I am english, currently living in NZ and moving to Norway next Easter.

I want to start up an online business (that I can operate from anywhere) and I am unlikely to move back to the UK (so why pay tax there and Norway is going to be expensive.....!)

It looks to be simple and cheap to set up in the IoM. Does anyone have any experience of living in one place and paying tax in another? It looks like it could get messy!

Many thanks
Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on where to register an internet based business? I am english, currently living in NZ and moving to Norway next Easter.

I want to start up an online business (that I can operate from anywhere) and I am unlikely to move back to the UK (so why pay tax there and Norway is going to be expensive.....!)

It looks to be simple and cheap to set up in the IoM. Does anyone have any experience of living in one place and paying tax in another? It looks like it could get messy!

Many thanks
Ian

Have you ever considered Singapore as an option? It is the world's easiest place to start and operate a business. Company registration in Singapore is fully computerized and the incorporation process is quick and efficient without any bureaucratic red-tape involved. Under normal cirumstances, the company can be incorporated in 1-2 days. Singapore permits 100% foreign ownership of a Singapore private limited company. Singapore charges a corporate tax rate of approximately 8.5% for profits up to S$300K and a flat 17% for profits above S$300K. Tax paid by a company on its profits is the final tax and all dividends paid to its shareholders are exempt from further taxation. Singapore resident companies are taxed only on income that arises from Singapore or remitted into Singapore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts