Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can someone please suggest on the following please.

I am currently on Bridging Visa and waiting for my TR which I have applied on March 2010

1. I have ACS re-assessed as a System Analyst which is in current SOL Sec 3
2. I am currently working as a System and Report Analyst for more than 1.5 years
3. I have IELTS band 6.5 with at-least 6 band in all, given last year before applying for TR.
4. Falls under High Risk country.

With the old point system I am currently eligible for PR with 120 points but I can not apply because my TR in not finalize not even CO is assign yet and I have called DIAC and they say it might take long as they are finalizing other priority TR applications and from July 11 there is new point system going to be introduced and from June 12 there will be another very new system going to be introduced.

So some one suggested me to apply for offshore 175 application while you can still live and work here on bridging and TR ????

so some please help me with this please.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats correct.

You can apply for offshore PR. and still remain in australia.
When your PR is granted you will have to go out of austrlia, visit a Australian embassy and get the Visa label stamped in your passport, re-enter australia.

Thats it.

(just try to make sure that you bridging visa allows you to file Offshore application which i think should not be a problem)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats correct.

You can apply for offshore PR. and still remain in australia.
When your PR is granted you will have to go out of austrlia, visit a Australian embassy and get the Visa label stamped in your passport, re-enter australia.

Thats it.

(just try to make sure that you bridging visa allows you to file Offshore application which i think should not be a problem)
Thanks Buddy, I think my bridging visa allows me to file offshore application but will confirm this, also do you have any knowledge about time frame for offshore 175 application as now there is no MODL or CSL...

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks Buddy, I think my bridging visa allows me to file offshore application but will confirm this, also do you have any knowledge about time frame for offshore 175 application as now there is no MODL or CSL...

Thanks
I applied for offshore 175 in december and still waiting fOr the CO and expect to
Get one in july or aug

So u can work out the timeline.
But i know one thing is DIAC would try to complete Priority 3 by jan 2012
And will start with priority 4

So i hope if u file now u will get the application processed by jan or feb next year
Again these are just my thoughts

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I applied for offshore 175 in december and still waiting fOr the CO and expect to
Get one in july or aug

So u can work out the timeline.
But i know one thing is DIAC would try to complete Priority 3 by jan 2012
And will start with priority 4

So i hope if u file now u will get the application processed by jan or feb next year
Again these are just my thoughts

:)
Really appreciate your replies mate. lets hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts