Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I wonder if any of you Spanish speakers can give me a link to government site that clearly indicates the rights of UK nationals with permanent residence in Spain with reference to to time periods for absences. Spanish advisor seems to think that once you leave Spain you need a Visa to stabilise your rights but I need to show him that this is not the case. I know what is said on the UK sites in English but I need the official Spanish site and relevant sections in respect to the WA.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Hi. I wonder if any of you Spanish speakers can give me a link to government site that clearly indicates the rights of UK nationals with permanent residence in Spain with reference to to time periods for absences. Spanish advisor seems to think that once you leave Spain you need a Visa to stabilise your rights but I need to show him that this is not the case. I know what is said on the UK sites in English but I need the official Spanish site and relevant sections in respect to the WA.
He's definitely wrong.

From our FAQ sticky

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I am being daft but how do I get the above in Spanish not English?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you got official Spanish documents proving perm residence, TIE,etc?
If you dont, then your advisor is right.

Article 15, paragraph 3 :
"Once acquired, the right of permanent residence shall be lost only through absence from the
host State for a period exceeding 5 consecutive years."

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you got official Spanish documents proving perm residence, TIE,etc?
If you dont, then your advisor is right.

Article 15, paragraph 3 :
"Once acquired, the right of permanent residence shall be lost only through absence from the
host State for a period exceeding 5 consecutive years."
Thanks but it needs to be the official Spanish wording.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3. Una vez adquirido, el derecho de residencia permanente solo se perderá por ausencia del Estado de acogida durante más de cinco años consecutivos.

And there it is. Thank you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't speak Spanish BTW, perhaps you need a new advisor who knows what his/her craft?

Makes you wonder what else is he/she may be wrong about?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't speak Spanish BTW, perhaps you need a new advisor who knows what his/her craft?

Makes you wonder what else is he/she may be wrong about?
Dont worry I speak the language and I imagine it is quite normal for people to not be unsure about new complex legislation( look at UK at moment and the NI protocol). She simply questioned my information and now I can show her the official site and wording. I imagine that as you dont speak Spanish there must be quite a few things that elude you but thanks for the link anyway.

·
Registered
794 Posts
In terms of research language need only be as much of a handicap as you let it be amply demonstrated in this particular instance I think by me finding what you and/or your Spanish advisor evidently couldn't - and in about 10 minutes ;)

I don't think you can in any way compare what's going on over the NIP to the WA or Citizens Rights which are both crystal clear and very easy to understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts