Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I will be moving to Dubai in 3 months and am trying to figure out which area is most convenient for me to rent an apartment.

The thing is that I will be spending my time between the office in Jebel Ali and the factory we work with in Sharjah. I know that will be quite the trip. I will get a car, but it would be nice to live in an area that is near shops and restaurants, since I will be on the road already quite a lot. My time will probably be 50/50 divided between office and factory. Was thinking of JVC or Discovery gardens, but maybe some of you have better suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Pieter

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Budget?

You have a lot of options, depending on the budget.

Downtown/Sheikh Zayed would be a good halfway point. Lots of shops and restaurants. About 30 minutes to Jebel Ali, and probably 30 minutes to the factory in Sharjah. However, it really depends on which direction you're going either in the morning or the afternoon. The main traffic flows from Sharjah towards Jebel Ali in the morning and the reverse in the evening, while the reverse is much better. The "Sharjah" traffic, as we call it, can be horrendous.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A good friend of mine says International City and area around is the best to access the whole of Dubai evenly.... This would include Silicon Oasis, Mirdiff, Warsan etc... also I believe the rents in these areas are not too high... hope you find a suitable place.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,
There is a reason that rents are low in International City!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Try Remraam - it's out on the 611, Emirates Rd and is a big highway so you can easily commute between Jebel Ali and Sharjah without too many traffic hassles there.

Only issue is, it is quite out the way, but it's 10 mins from Motorcity and Sports city and Arabian Ranches, which all have shops etc.

Rents are very reasonable. Nice swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts. Geant should be open next month.

With your budget, you'd get a decent 2 bed apartment for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts