Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am completely new to this. Since 2004 I have been going between Britain and America, in 2010 I lived there on a tourist visa for 6 months. During my time I made a lot of great friends and great contacts and continue to visit on a tourist visa. I have been offered a job by an employer as one of my good friends work there and the employer is keen to get me started.

Does anyone know what steps I need to take in order to work in the USA? At the moment this is temporary however I am looking to live their permanently at some point as the employer has stated he would have no problem in giving me permanent employement .

In 2010 while I was there for 6 months I visited a community college who accepted me to study Criminal Justice, however at that point I did not have the funds, but I do want to aim for this in the future.

Many Thanks in advance :)

·
Administrator
50,382 Posts
The first step is up to your would-be employer. They have to make the initial application to get you work authorization and start the work visa process for you. When it has all been approved, the local US consulate will notify you that you can start your visa application process.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The employer has to get the visa ..you cannot ... you dont say what type of work he is
offering ..at minimum you need a degree ..if they have never employed a alien before its unlikely to happen when they find out the cost to them

Study in the States

1 - 3 of 3 Posts