Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Everyone

I am new to this forum and I just a few questions. I have been offered an employment contract, it was already signed by the company manager and I had 3 days to return it signed with a copy of my passport and photo. On the contract it says date of employment was 1 November 2013,today is the 7th November 2013. After I handed in my contract and passport, I have not heard from them.

1. Are they busy processing my visa? and how long does that take?
2. Is it possible for them to terminate my contract before I even relocate to Dubai?

Can anyone please shed some light on my situation?

thank you in advance

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
the position is restaurant hostess. iv send through a copy of my passport and passport sized photo's
That means they are applying for your visa. You can still write to them and tell them you've changed your mind. It doesn't involve a huge cost on their side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only concern is, when do I resign from my current job here at home and am affraid once I resign. My employers in dubai could terminate my new contract before I get my visa. I dnt want to end up unemployed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the confusion. I want to move to dubai I just dont want to get my hopes up until they have send my visa and airline ticket.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I want to move to dubai I just dont want to get my hopes up until they have send my visa and airline ticket.
Okay, that's clearer. Ask the company in Dubai what they suggest. Once you receive your pink slip, you have a certain number of days to enter. They will know when they want you to start. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts