1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evry body,

Please I need your valuable help on the following subject:

This is for a job in Glasgow, Scotland.

Can you please advise whether an annual salary of GBP 57,000 for a Project Manager with B.SC Electrical Engineering and 15 yrs experience is good or not? What should be the net income of this salary after tax, etc,..? I heard that the crime rate in Glasgow is high, is this true?

·
Super Moderator
18,011 Posts

·
Registered
39,028 Posts
Hello evry body,

Please I need your valuable help on the following subject:

This is for a job in Glasgow, Scotland.

Can you please advise whether an annual salary of GBP 57,000 for a Project Manager with B.SC Electrical Engineering and 15 yrs experience is good or not? What should be the net income of this salary after tax, etc,..? I heard that the crime rate in Glasgow is high, is this true?
It's a good salary for a middle management position. £57k gross is around £3305/month. It may be less if there is pension contribution and fringe benefit like company car and private medical insurance. Whether that is enough for a decent living standard depends on many factors, such as if you have a family, run a car or two, your lifestyle etc. Parts of Glasgow can have high crime, but choosing the area carefully, you can find a safe, pleasant neighbourhood.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Anders

Lucky you getting a job in Glasgow.. it is one great city.
Crime is no higher there than any other city in the UK
Living in Glasgow is easy. you can live right in the city centre and be in the countryside in less than 30 minutes and of course vice versa.
Glasgow city is overflowing with museums, parks, art galleries music venues, shops..
Public transport is good.
The only downside IMO to Glasgow is the weather.. it is very windy and of course being the west coast of Scotland it rains rather too frequently.

Maiden

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Hi again,

Not sure where your job in the city is located.

I used to live in an area called Bearsden.. on the outskirts of Glasgow, taking the underground into the city centre is very easy..

Bearsden and Milingavie (pronounced Mull/Mill Guy are lovely area with the countryside on your doorstep with
The West Highland Way starting in Milngavie for those who like to hike..

Loch Lomond, Aviemore, Peth, Stirling, Edinburgh all within driving distance.
Indoor skiing in Bearsden..

As you can see I love Glasgow.. to me it is the best city in the world,

·
Registered
258 Posts
For the position of Project Manager with B.SC Electrical Engineering, that offer seems appropriate for Glasgow.

IMHO, these are general PROS and CONS of Glasgow:

PROS:
Friendly people: To me this is must and Glasgow has this.:clap2:

Shopping: Lots of great shopping malls

Public Transport: Reliable public transport both train, buses or cabs.

Food: You get all sorts of foods to select from whether its Indian, Chinese, Italian etc. :hungry:

CONS:

Drinking: This I found was a bit of a bummer as too much emphasis appeared to be given on drinking. Any good occasion 'lets go for a beer'...any bad occasion 'lets go for a beer'.

Weather: As MaidenScotland suggested weather is not the best. It is relatively windy and rainy for a big part of the year but summers can get pretty warm! :rain:

Drugs: Now this is only what I heard during my university days of a lot of drug related crime but fortunately never experienced it myself. So maybe it all depends on your location.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi again,

Not sure where your job in the city is located.

I used to live in an area called Bearsden.. on the outskirts of Glasgow, taking the underground into the city centre is very easy..

Bearsden and Milingavie (pronounced Mull/Mill Guy are lovely area with the countryside on your doorstep with
The West Highland Way starting in Milngavie for those who like to hike..

Loch Lomond, Aviemore, Peth, Stirling, Edinburgh all within driving distance.
Indoor skiing in Bearsden..

As you can see I love Glasgow.. to me it is the best city in the world,

I know Bearsden and Milngavie.... was there a lot of years ago....I stayed with a friend in Blanefield....her family had a farm there. I dated a bloke from Bearsden (told you.....lot of years ago!!) and had a friend in Milngavie.
Glasgow itself is lovely.... very bustly... and great shopping.
I found the people to be generally very friendly.... more so than the English.
There are good and bad areas everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.