Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

My bf got an offer as Sales Manager in Limassol , the total monthly income will be around 2.0-2.2 k after taxes.

Is this enough money for 2 people? ( until I find a job as well )
Is it possible for a gay couple to open a joint bank account in CY?

We both are around our 30s loving the good life.....

Thanks in advance for your time :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its certainly enough money to live on.

As far as opening a joint bank account..........I'm not sure about this. A lot of cypriots I know are quite homophobic so I am not sure as to whether this extends to the banks.

Others should be able to chime in soon and answer that.

Kindest Regards
Zach

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. :)

We both live in Amsterdam for the last 7 years , having great stable jobs however we miss the sun, the sea and the Mediterranean way BUT I am so much afraid of any failure..... maybe I am thinking too much but I really worry about the social/financial situation over there.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
I know two gay guys who live in Limassol. They have been together for many years, have lived here since before I moved here 10 years ago and were together before that.
There is quite an active gay community in Limassol. In fact as well as the business they have they also run a fancy club for gays.
I am sure you won't have any problems.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
I know two gay guys who live in Limassol. They have been together for many years, have lived here since before I moved here 10 years ago and were together before that.
There is quite an active gay community in Limassol. In fact as well as the business they have they also run a fancy club for gays.
I am sure you won't have any problems.
I even think that the law will change now about rights for gay couples.

·
Registered
841 Posts
My father-in-law is a lawyer in Paphos and has worked with many gay couples and quite a few have become family friends and he has said the following:

"There are hundreds of gay couples that have joint bank accounts in Cyprus. In fact very soon we will have an official law which will legitimate the co-habitation for family and inheritance purposes.

They will simply need to be introduced to the bank by their lawyer with a copy of their passport and a certified utility bill"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello people,

My bf got an offer as Sales Manager in Limassol , the total monthly income will be around 2.0-2.2 k after taxes.

Is this enough money for 2 people? ( until I find a job as well )
Is it possible for a gay couple to open a joint bank account in CY?

We both are around our 30s loving the good life.....

Thanks in advance for your time :)

hi, I've already sent you a message privately, but yes you can open a joint account, you will need your passport, and a utility bill with your address on, we used The Bank Of Cyprus and had to use our UK address until we got an address out here, then after we received our cards etc, we just gave them our new address. we had a few forms to fill in and we didn't need to be introduced by anyone.

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts