Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that reminds me, how is belly dancing going Karen?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Anj,

Rather than hijack someone else's thread I thought I'd start a new one...

The belly dancing is going really well. I've been doing it for 3 school terms now and missed about 3 classes. I ache less and my waist is getting smaller! I need to make another hole in a belt to keep my jeans up :)

I've been selected with some others to do a dance at the end of November which is a bit scary :eek: I don't think I've ever danced in front of an audience before.

I've making friends through the belly dancing and getting fitter.

It was a little daunting at first because you're looking at yourself in a mirror and seeing all the bits wobbling around, and you feel that everyone is watching you, especially when you stuff up, but in reality every one is so focussed on what they are doing that they don't notice what you are doing. Except when my hip belt fell off and made a hell of a noise the other week - I bought an extra large size which I probably don't need any more :)

If anyone is thinking about doing belly dancing I'd certainly suggest going along to a class to try it for yourself.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, sounds awesome.. uploading and sharing pix sounds like a good idea :)

dancing sure as H**l makes u loose weight and i remember your thread about tips on loosing weight :). great going.

How difficult is it? I have seen a lot of it live and otherwise on TV and it looks almost impossible for me. and who takes the classes? some pro?

Keep us updated on it, sounds so exciting.

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I doubt that it's impossible for anyone since the women in my class are all shapes, sizes and dance abilities :) Some moves are more difficult than others but I'm still very much a beginner (even though I'm in an intermediate class now).

Yes a professional dancer takes the classes. She teaches the moves individually and then we build them up into a dance routine.

Nobody has any pics of me dancing (yet:D).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:), damn, i have become such a click me woman now, i need new pix every few days. hehe.. ask OH to take ur pix :).
MY OH is learning guitar, one month down, once we r there i plan to take dance classes as well. and i think he wud continue with guitar. lets see.. keep us updated on how things are and no excuses on pix :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts