Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i'm off to australia in 2 weeks for a holiday and was trying to get my spouse visa done before going so i could validate it..

didn't happen in time so i was wondering..

can i get i a working visa for 12 months, and while out there apply for my spouse visa?

just a thought?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Spouse visa ???

Hi,

It takes time to get a working visa (are you talking about Skilled visa?), a Spouse visa is usually quicker.
Besides if your reason to emigrate to Australia is to be with your partner, you probably should wait for the visa. A Spouse visa will allow you to work and live in Australia.

I think there is someone in this forum who went on a tourist Visa and applied for a Spouse on arrival, but I am waiting for mine outside Australia.

I don't know any kind of working visa that would take less time to process than a Spouse, besides Visas are Expensive, many are a lot more expensive than a plane ticket.
So honestly, in your shoes, I would finnish all the paper chasing, prepare the application ASAP, and get it logged in now.
Stay with relatives or stay with friends, and join your partner in Australia as soon as it comes through.

I do not see any advantages of going through the stress of doing more than 1 visa. Do your spouse, in 2 years time it becames permanent and in 4 years time you can apply for citizenship if you want to.

Just my 2pc on the subject.

Best wishes,
Busyte

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I don't know your circumstances, but there's the WHV (Working Holiday Visa). It does have limitations though. Go on the DIAC website for more details.

Dolly

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers all, i'll just wait to do the spouse visa. FYI i currently live in england with my australian wife.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts