Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have mentioned the "good" :tongue: weather we've had this month. I've been here for a good few years and never remember having temperatures as high as this for the whole month of October. "Good" is between speech marks on purpose by the way. Remember this is supposed to autumn and the cold and a bit of rain :rain: should be here by now so that we can enjoy clean air and mushrooms among other thing!!!
Hopefully, (in my opinion) the temperature will drop this week.:smow:
Here's some info about temperatures in Oct 2008 and 2009 in Madrid so that you can compare...
View attachment MADRID TEMPERATURES.doc

·
Registered
348 Posts
Some people have mentioned the "good" :tongue: weather we've had this month. I've been here for a good few years and never remember having temperatures as high as this for the whole month of October. "Good" is between speech marks on purpose by the way. Remember this is supposed to autumn and the cold and a bit of rain :rain: should be here by now so that we can enjoy clean air and mushrooms among other thing!!!
Hopefully, (in my opinion) the temperature will drop this week.:smow:
Here's some info about temperatures in Oct 2008 and 2009 in Madrid so that you can compare...
View attachment 1322
Same here PW...it does'nt matter which clothes we choose to go out in...we get it wrong. We've just come in after going for a walk and a coffee, and we are all sweaty and hot. It's not normal. Having said that, it means less heating on , which means less electricity bills. Our kids in the UK don't believe it when we tell them the temperatures out here. However, it does mean another excuse to go out and have a beer !! :D

·
Registered
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having said that, it means less heating on , which means less electricity bills.
However, it does mean another excuse to go out and have a beer !! :D
You've managed to find two definite advantages Hombre!!:)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Its our first autumn in Spain, and we are enjoying every minute of it! My daughter is 13 today and I think its the first time she's had sunshine on her birthday. We've set her the challenge of going in the pool after school. She wants to be able to say she was swimming on her birthday!
Having said that, I have stocked up on logs for the fire ready for when the temperatures drop

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have to say I am worried about the abnormally high temperatures we are having now. It just doesnt seem right. I dont like the cold and dark nights either , especially after last winter (brrr!), but if this is because of global warming then i dont think its really something to celebrate. We need rain, and if we dont get it we will suffer in the long term through water shortages. On Sunday I was at a barbecue, in the blazing sunshine, and couldnt believe it was November. Some years it is fairly warm even in December and January, but usually there is some rain during October and November, and its definitely much fresher in the morning and evenings, but at the moment its still warm. If its just a freak spell, fine, but I just hope it isnt a sign of things to come long term.
Caz. I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.