Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am genuinely worried as I have still not received any invite for 489 category with 70 points. Can someone pls help me know if he\she has received the invite for 489 category?

I applied on sep 5, 2013.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
All,

I am genuinely worried as I have still not received any invite for 489 category with 70 points. Can someone pls help me know if he\she has received the invite for 489 category?

This doesn't comes under normal invitation rounds. Once you get the sponsorship nomination from the region you applied for, they will communicate the same nomination to DIAC against your EOI and you will eventually get an invite on the same hour or day or within 2 days.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This doesn't comes under normal invitation rounds. Once you get the sponsorship nomination from the region you applied for, they will communicate the same nomination to DIAC against your EOI and you will eventually get an invite on the same hour or day or within 2 days.

Best regards,
JR
Thanks for the kind reply JR. I have a family sponsorship (my brother lives in melbourne). Is this category also under special invitation rounds?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Thanks for the kind reply JR. I have a family sponsorship (my brother lives in melbourne). Is this category also under special invitation rounds?
That is correct. Any State Sponsorships (190) or Regional/Family(489) sponsorship invitations do not wait for typical invitation rounds. They are sent as and when the State/Region sends a communication to DIAC on your EOI number upon finalizing the application (If the nomination is successful, one would get the email from State/Region and also an invite very soon from DIAC SkillSelect). If the nomination is not successful, then appropriate rejection email from the State/Region stating the reason for the same.

The timeline for the result of a sponsorship application is as given in the appropriate State/Region websites. (Their SLA for processing applications).

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct. Any State Sponsorships (190) or Regional/Family(489) sponsorship invitations do not wait for typical invitation rounds. They are sent as and when the State/Region sends a communication to DIAC on your EOI number upon finalizing the application (If the nomination is successful, one would get the email from State/Region and also an invite very soon from DIAC SkillSelect). If the nomination is not successful, then appropriate rejection email from the State/Region stating the reason for the same.

The timeline for the result of a sponsorship application is as given in the appropriate State/Region websites. (Their SLA for processing applications).

Best regards,
JR
Thanks a ton JR. If I am not asking much, can u pls provide me the link wherein I can read more on this?

Kudos !

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Thanks a ton JR. If I am not asking much, can u pls provide me the link wherein I can read more on this?

Kudos !
Hello rohit.goel15,

I have researched the Victoria website for 489 process for you assuming you have applied for Family Sponsor 489 there as mentioned by you in the above post.

I believe the following information is what you're looking for from your question: (Referenced from Victoria authentic website for 489) - Skilled Regional (489) Visa - Live in Victoria

4. Confirm acceptance of state nomination offer

SkillSelect

SkillSelect is an online system that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an Expression of Interest (EOI). Visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's SkillSelect website to find out more information.

Victorian nomination is valid for four months from the date of the nomination notification email. Within this time period you will need to lodge an EOI through SkillSelect, selecting Victoria as your preference, and notify Victoria of this.

If you have registered your EOI on SkillSelect and you are nominated by the Victorian Government, you will automatically receive an invitation to apply, subject to occupation ceilings.

If we do not receive your valid EOI reference number within the four month period, your application will expire and your file will be closed.

Please help yourself reading through the whole page for better understanding. The information above is fourth point under the sub heading "How to apply for Victorian nomination" in the above website.

Also, from the authentic DIAC SkillSelect website, please find the following "If you are nominated by a state or territory and meet the basic requirements for this visa, you will then receive an invitation to apply." under the "Before applying" tab in the link below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

Please read through these pointers for better clarity on everything.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
476 Posts

Best regards,
JR

i think that Family(489) sponsorship invitations are similar as 189. they are sending them twice per month. am i wrong ? and also they haven't any relation with state government.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
i think that Family(489) sponsorship invitations are similar as 189. they are sending them twice per month. am i wrong ? and also they haven't any relation with state government.
Well sorry, I am clueless. I just shared what I know from 489 experience. (Not family sponsored but regional).

I guess it should be same, as there are no documents that differentiates these both in terms of rolling out invitation. Perhaps, some guys who have had FS could shed more light on this.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
657 Posts
You are right bro........family sponsored invitations are just like 189 that are sent twice per month.......May be his EOI submission date was late as compared to others who would have gotten invitation with 70 points.

Reactions: rohit.goel15

·
Registered
657 Posts
All,

Bro, May be in next invitation round you will get ur inviation hopefully.....I guess there were appplicants already in queue ahead of you with 70 points who submitted EOI earlier.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karan

Reactions: rohit.goel15

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi

As you have some experience with subclass 489 with SS I have some question as yesterday someone on this forum advice us Subclass 489.
Briefly we have positive Vetassess as a Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages ANZSCO Code 249311. This occupation is only on Schelude 2 in SA. Currently we live in Sydney so we will apply on shore. We started Vetassess with an agent, but during the process when we complain about one of his employee he left us alone . From ours notes it shows that he want to apply for subclass 190 . We lodged EOI and SA SS for this subclass but someone said that we should try with 489.
I try to find steps for this subclass and I'm confused.
Does it mean that we need to send another EOI for 489 and that is the end, or we should lodged another SS application? Can anybody tell something more about requirements ( Do we need to have an employer in SA territory? How we can ask for territory sponsorship ? Do we need to show which territory we want to live ? )
Please give me some advice as the more I read the less I know and you have experience in this particular .

Kind regards
Matmarine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts