1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

As previously mentioned by me (if you have read my post):-

1) Application Lodged = 1 Oct 2009
2) Application Received by DIAC = 8th Oct 2009 (Acknowledgement)
3) Case Officer Allocated = 20 Jan 2010 (Request to do Medicals and PCC)
4) PCC done and emailed to DIAC = 28 Jan 2010 (Acknowledgement)
5) Medicals Done and Sent to DIAC (by doctor) = 8 Feb 2010 (Received)

Visa 175 - Accountant
Skills Assessed - CPA Australia
Qualification Obtained from - University of Tech, Sydney (1996 - 1998)
IELTS - 8.0
Visa Points Test - 135
Wife (IELTS 7.5) and 3 kids

Question:-
1) Will I be affected by the Feb 8 ruling?
2) How long before I get an "approval" (assuming) from DIAC?
3) I have an aunt (mom's sister) living in Aust for 20 over years (Citizen), I lived with her when I was a student. But I didn't get her to be my sponsor cos I didn't want to burden her. Was that a wrong move by me?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No
Since your medicals and PCC is already done, you should expect your visa Grant very soon. I have seen the timeline thread, seems september applicants are getting VIsa Grant now, So, It should not be long wait for you.
3) I have an aunt (mom's sister) living in Aust for 20 over years (Citizen), I lived with her when I was a student. But I didn't get her to be my sponsor cos I didn't want to burden her. Was that a wrong move by me?
No, you will hear from DIAC very soon. However, sponsored visa is faster but you have already completed 2/3 rd of the waiting time with this application. I would suggest to wait for few more weeks and you will be through

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No
Since your medicals and PCC is already done, you should expect your visa Grant very soon. I have seen the timeline thread, seems september applicants are getting VIsa Grant now, So, It should not be long wait for you.
No, you will hear from DIAC very soon. However, sponsored visa is faster but you have already completed 2/3 rd of the waiting time with this application. I would suggest to wait for few more weeks and you will be through
Hey Mr. India,

Your replies are so assuring... hahaha.... I really hope you're right man...

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts