Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I submitted my OCI application on 9th July 2021 it has been three months still I did not get any reply. I spoke to VFS they said it is sent for pre-approval to consulate general of india Sydney. If anyone have undergone such a process, please let me know how long it takes for processing such pre-approval applications !!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,

I submitted my OCI application on 9th July 2021 it has been three months still I did not get any reply. I spoke to VFS they said it is sent for pre-approval to consulate general of india Sydney. If anyone have undergone such a process, please let me know how long it takes for processing such pre-approval applications !!!

Thanks,
Hi Ashok, have you had any luck with this yet? I applied mine on 08 September 2021 and I got told that it gets processed within 4-8 weeks. But wondering why it took you so much time for you and what's this pre-approval process about? Most of my friends got it in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ashok, have you had any luck with this yet? I applied mine on 08 September 2021 and I got told that it gets processed within 4-8 weeks. But wondering why it took you so much time for you and what's this pre-approval process about? Most of my friends got it in 5 weeks.
Hi Kiran, have you received your OCI yet? If it did, how long exactly it take from submission date? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Kumar,
Did you have to do any documents notary?
thank you, Kanth.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Kumar
Did you get any update ?

I applied for Surrender of my Indian passport through Post. The post was delivered to the PO Box on Tuesday(9.11.2021). How long does VGS global take to acknowledge my application?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts