Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I submitted my OCI application on 9th July 2021 it has been three months still I did not get any reply. I spoke to VFS they said it is sent for pre-approval to consulate general of india Sydney. If anyone have undergone such a process, please let me know how long it takes for processing such pre-approval applications !!!

Thanks,

· Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,

I submitted my OCI application on 9th July 2021 it has been three months still I did not get any reply. I spoke to VFS they said it is sent for pre-approval to consulate general of india Sydney. If anyone have undergone such a process, please let me know how long it takes for processing such pre-approval applications !!!

Thanks,
Hi Ashok, have you had any luck with this yet? I applied mine on 08 September 2021 and I got told that it gets processed within 4-8 weeks. But wondering why it took you so much time for you and what's this pre-approval process about? Most of my friends got it in 5 weeks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ashok, have you had any luck with this yet? I applied mine on 08 September 2021 and I got told that it gets processed within 4-8 weeks. But wondering why it took you so much time for you and what's this pre-approval process about? Most of my friends got it in 5 weeks.
Hi Kiran, have you received your OCI yet? If it did, how long exactly it take from submission date? Please let me know. Thanks

· Registered
87 Posts
Hi Kumar,
Did you have to do any documents notary?
thank you, Kanth.

· Registered
74 Posts
Hi Kumar
Did you get any update ?

I applied for Surrender of my Indian passport through Post. The post was delivered to the PO Box on Tuesday(9.11.2021). How long does VGS global take to acknowledge my application?

· Registered
74 Posts
My application was acknowledged by VFS on 19/11/2021 (Friday) and was send to Indian consulate on 22/11/2021 (Monday).
I reckon it takes VFS around 9-10 working days to acknowledge applications send via post.
Thanks . I got the ack from VFS on 19 and Consulate from 22 Nov. I sent it on 17th to VFS .Fingers crossed.

· Registered
74 Posts
My application was acknowledged by VFS on 19/11/2021 (Friday) and was send to Indian consulate on 22/11/2021 (Monday).
I reckon it takes VFS around 9-10 working days to acknowledge applications send via post.
Hi Kumar
I have received the Indian passport cancelled with surrender certificate today . Waiting for OCI

· Registered
37 Posts
Hi All,

I didn't wanted to start another thread so thought will ask the query here.
For Indian passport surrender the checklist at VFS website says to create account and application for surrender at passportindia.gov.in.
But there is a recent notification that asks to create the application at Renunciation of Indian Citizenship
I am confused, I had created the application at passportindia.gov.in, but then saw the other notification.

Do anyone has any idea or has recently applied?

Cheers,

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,

I didn't wanted to start another thread so thought will ask the query here.
For Indian passport surrender the checklist at VFS website says to create account and application for surrender at passportindia.gov.in.
But there is a recent notification that asks to create the application at Renunciation of Indian Citizenship
I am confused, I had created the application at passportindia.gov.in, but then saw the other notification.

Do anyone has any idea or has recently applied?

Cheers,
I recently got my surrender certificate. I just followed instructions as per VFS website. I completed and printed application form using this link Passport Seva at Indian Embassies. When you click on Australia it takes you to passportindia.gov.in.

· Registered
37 Posts
I recently got my surrender certificate. I just followed instructions as per VFS website. I completed and printed application form using this link Passport Seva at Indian Embassies. When you click on Australia it takes you to passportindia.gov.in.
Thank you Deepak,
I sent my application on Wednesday last week using Express Post to VFS Global, but the tracking id status is still 'Pending'(after 1 week), I am worried that Aus Post might have misplaced the parcel :( ....
They are saying they can't start the investigation before January 17th :eek: .... this entire process is getting messier for me...
Any one else had any experience of delayed delivery?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts