Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Did anyone recently apply OCI for kid born in Australia?
My son is 9 months old and has Australian passport. It has no thumb impression or signature (obviously).

I want to know if while applying for OCI do I need to mandatory upload his thumb impression? OCI website says that we can upload paper saying no signature BUT it also says upload left thumb signature. I have been trying to take the thumb impression using inkpad but it doesn't come good at all. So following questions
1. Anyone recently got OCI without thumb impression in the application and by just uploading 'no signature' paper?
If thumb impression was used by someone recently then how did they get it?
2. Does as a supporting document parent degree certificate also need to be submitted? Or just parent Indian passport is enough?

3. Is it worth buying a finger print scanner (or is it fingerprint reader)? Please confirm.

Please share any first hand information you have?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi
Did anyone recently apply OCI for kid born in Australia?
My son is 9 months old and has Australian passport. It has no thumb impression or signature (obviously).

I want to know if while applying for OCI do I need to mandatory upload his thumb impression? OCI website says that we can upload paper saying no signature BUT it also says upload left thumb signature. I have been trying to take the thumb impression using inkpad but it doesn't come good at all. So following questions
1. Anyone recently got OCI without thumb impression in the application and by just uploading 'no signature' paper?
If thumb impression was used by someone recently then how did they get it?
2. Does as a supporting document parent degree certificate also need to be submitted? Or just parent Indian passport is enough?

3. Is it worth buying a finger print scanner (or is it fingerprint reader)? Please confirm.

Please share any first hand information you have?
Well no reply from anyone. Just adding my finding here in case some else gets benefited

1. For small kids who cannot sign, we can just upload a paper saying "No Signature"
If any paper still asks for thumbprint later, then just take a inkpad and take thumb impression (will be smudgy but its ok).
2. Just indian parent passport is sufficient along with Kids birth certificate, his citizenship certificate etc

3. Not needed at all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well no reply from anyone. Just adding my finding here in case some else gets benefited

1. For small kids who cannot sign, we can just upload a paper saying "No Signature"
If any paper still asks for thumbprint later, then just take a inkpad and take thumb impression (will be smudgy but its ok).
2. Just indian parent passport is sufficient along with Kids birth certificate, his citizenship certificate etc

3. Not needed at all

Thanks for sharing.

Also, did you get the photocopies such as birth certificate and Citizenship certificate attested by JP/someone? Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing.

Also, did you get the photocopies such as birth certificate and Citizenship certificate attested by JP/someone? Thanks.
Hi , get the docs attested from JP. For NSW specifically, they have especially mentioned the docs to be notarized by notary on their official link.
Where is the official link you found about other people? I haven't seen that yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi , get the docs attested from JP. For NSW specifically, they have especially mentioned the docs to be notarized by notary on their official link.
Where is the official link you found about other people? I haven't seen that yet.
It is not official link, it's the official reply I received over mail. They replied very late but at least it is clear that they will accept it. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mate,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am a NZ citizen with indian OCI card and My wife is Indian citizen. We are residing in SYdney and now have a two month old new born. We understand our baby is eligible for OCI card and are in process of applying for it as my wife plans to go to India for a min of 6 months with the baby.
Could you please advise how long it took you from applying for your newborns OCI?
VFS says approx 8 weeks. Did it take you this long?
Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mate,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am a NZ citizen with indian OCI card and My wife is Indian citizen. We are residing in SYdney and now have a two month old new born. We understand our baby is eligible for OCI card and are in process of applying for it as my wife plans to go to India for a min of 6 months with the baby.
Could you please advise how long it took you from applying for your newborns OCI?
VFS says approx 8 weeks. Did it take you this long?
Thanks heaps.
Hello Budd ... Yes once you submit the documents at VFS, then it will take roughly 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hi I heard that Indian government change the oci renewal rules for baby. We just need to update new photo or new Australian passport no every 5 years until 20 years is it correct?
Yes, that is correct. Read here

·
Registered
9 Posts

3. Not needed at all
I am in the process of filing new OCI for our kid who was born in Australia, both parents are PR and hold Indian passport.
1. Do I need to provide marriage certificate
2. Did you upload your kids Citizenship certificate online, I don't see option for it.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Self attested copy of AU passport and citizenship cert - Did you (parent) sign it?

Prerequisites For Online Application
  1. Scanned passport photograph of the applicant. ...
  2. Scanned photograph of the applicant's signature. ...
  3. Scanned copy of the child's current passport.
  4. Scanned copy of the child's birth certificate.
  5. Scanned copy of both parent's valid visas.
  6. Proof of Indian origin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Self attested copy of AU passport and citizenship cert - Did you (parent) sign it?

Prerequisites For Online Application
  1. Scanned passport photograph of the applicant. ...
  2. Scanned photograph of the applicant's signature. ...
  3. Scanned copy of the child's current passport.
  4. Scanned copy of the child's birth certificate.
  5. Scanned copy of both parent's valid visas.
  6. Proof of Indian origin
All document submitted to VFS must be signed by JP or public notary if you are in NSW. Parent only has to sign the printout of online application.

Scanned copy of both parents visa - This has not been asked anywhere. I saw this requirement in some youtube videos, but then its when applying from USA, not for Australia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts