Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai Friends,
My occupation was as a motor mechanic, which is available in SOL.that was for 3years.. And now I am working as a senior Officer in Automobile Parts Distribution Centre. from the last 5 years..
As per details of AUZ migration department , , occupation should be one of from SOL or closely related to the skill in SOL.
So my question is , Can I consider my current occupation is closely related to my previous occupation? ? If yes I can earn more points for total year's of work experience.
Kindly replay with your valuable comments and advices. ..

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hai Friends,
My occupation was as a motor mechanic, which is available in SOL.that was for 3years.. And now I am working as a senior Officer in Automobile Parts Distribution Centre. from the last 5 years..
As per details of AUZ migration department , , occupation should be one of from SOL or closely related to the skill in SOL.
So my question is , Can I consider my current occupation is closely related to my previous occupation? ? If yes I can earn more points for total year's of work experience.
Kindly replay with your valuable comments and advices. ..
Nishanth,

Here my advice goes to you.

1. Firstly, take your current roles and responsibilities you perform as senior officer and check them against the closely related occupation mentioned in SOL by DIAC. If most of the roles are matching with each other, then you can choose this as your nominated occupation.

2. If not so, check the roles and responsibilities you executed as motor mechanic and compare them with the roles described for that position by DIAC. Now, if both are one and the same, then nominate yourself for this profile.

3. If your case is the combination of both, i mean, your roles are the mixture of motor mechanic and senior officer, then choose the occupation that has higher number of seats available for this program year. Moreover, you also need to check the feasibility of getting a job under that job, wages offered for it in aus, which industry or which job you want to grow etc.

Finally decide by yourself.

Regards,
SATHIYA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your valuable advices. ..
But where to find the details of closely related occupations of SOL? ?
I tried in department website but didn't find. ..
Can you please tell??

G

·
Working as motor mechanic and working in a distribution centre are not closely related in the slightest!

Now if you had been working as a panel beater or tyre fitter maybe, but sales and distribution nope.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thank you for your valuable advices. ..
But where to find the details of closely related occupations of SOL? ?
I tried in department website but didn't find. ..
Can you please tell??
nISHANTH,

just type "Motor mechanic job description Australia immigration" in google net engine and you will find the roles and responsibilities explicitly indicated for the same occupation for Australia.

Else, check out the SOL and you can get it, i guess.

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hai dear. .
I checked in the site and understood that my current job is not a closely related one to my previous. .
So going to submit my old one only..
But I don't know that will work out or not . . Because that experience as a motor mechanic is till 2008 only..(3.5 years)
From 2008 to till now am in automobile warehouse field. .
I think they will not consider my old experience right??
Confused. ...
Can u give an idea in my case. ..??

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hai dear. .
I checked in the site and understood that my current job is not a closely related one to my previous. .
So going to submit my old one only..
But I don't know that will work out or not . . Because that experience as a motor mechanic is till 2008 only..(3.5 years)
From 2008 to till now am in automobile warehouse field. .
I think they will not consider my old experience right??
Confused. ...
Can u give an idea in my case. ..??
Hello,

You don't need to worry about it. If your old experience is obtained within last 10 years, then it is fine. You also can add current employment and mark it "irrelevant" so that you will not get points for your current experience.

In your case, 3.5 years of experience as motor mechanic is absolutely acceptable as it falls within last 10 years.

So, what are you waiting for?

Rush into skills assessment with all supporting documents such as employment credentials, and education certificates etc and get the skills evaluated.

You will get positive skills outcome,, i am sure.

Any other queries, post them her.

Regards,.
Sathiya

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr. Sathyaseelan, Thank you very much for your fast reply. Just a small doubt referring to your last reply. You had asked to show my current 5 years experience as "IRRELEVANT" and you mentioned that it will "not" be considered while calculating the point. That means I will be getting only 5 points for my experience of 3 years from the past 10 years. Have I understood right? If the current 5 years does not value any points, Is it necessary to show? Or is there any point for related job?
Also I have one more doubt, I am planning to take my wife with me who is also working in a profession which is there in SOL. If she is going with me as a dependent, is it necessary that she also has to go for IELTS exam? Should her certificates be assessed. Will this help me with additional points? Awaiting your reply. Thanks

G

·
No there are no ponts for it but you still need to put down all of your employment where asked.

Your wife could pass a skills assessment and IELTS and get you extra points. If you do not want or need points from her she does not need to be assessed for the visa process or prove qualifications etc. She may however need to do that in Australia if she is in an occupation that requires registration such as teaching, nursing etc.

She will need to either take IELTS or prove she was educated in English regardless.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Mr. Sathyaseelan, Thank you very much for your fast reply. Just a small doubt referring to your last reply. You had asked to show my current 5 years experience as "IRRELEVANT" and you mentioned that it will "not" be considered while calculating the point. That means I will be getting only 5 points for my experience of 3 years from the past 10 years. Have I understood right? If the current 5 years does not value any points, Is it necessary to show? Or is there any point for related job?
Also I have one more doubt, I am planning to take my wife with me who is also working in a profession which is there in SOL. If she is going with me as a dependent, is it necessary that she also has to go for IELTS exam? Should her certificates be assessed. Will this help me with additional points? Awaiting your reply. Thanks
Nishant,

yes, you are right. You will get only 5 points for your experience for 3 years as motor mechanic. There is no need to include irrelevant experience like the current job. But, if you wish you can add them and mark irrelevant. There is no connection between your chances of visa and the irrelevant experience.

If your spouse is added, then it depends on the requirements. If her educational qualifications is taught in english, then there is no need yet if she gets good score in ielts, then your fees for her application may be lowered.

Definitely, her qualification adds 5 more points to your overall points.

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Nishanth,

I have one more suggestions as well. Did you check the points calculation for your wife as main applicant. If so, how much points she holds and if here occupation is in the list, then you could find its ceilings for this program year and your chances can be compared with both cases and the best one can be chosen.

I mean, check the number of seats allocated for your and your spouse's occupation, the feasibility of getting invited for both profiles, the competition among your occupations etc. Also, if her English sounds good, she may get good scores in ielts and can maximize the chances of receiving visa smoothly.

All the best.

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. Sathyaseelan, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Will check and keep in touch with you.
Regards
Nishanth

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Sathiya..
Just want to ask you something different.
I want to change my profile name..just because of some privacy problems. .
Is it possible ? If yes.. how??
Can you advice? ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts