Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a query for which I have been searching answers for long and I don't have answers for it. Hence asking here.

Inside the bucket of 2613 we have many occupations like Analyst Programmer, Software Engineer etc. Their roles are very different from each other though they have slight overlap. I guess an Analyst Programmers has a senior role than Software Engineers in a software development life cycle. Also the number of Analyst Programmers are less compared to the Software Engineers count in an year.

My question is, an Analyst Programmer with 65 points and EOI of around June 2017 should be able to get a little ahead of a Software Engineer with 70 points and EOI of October 2017 right?

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is a query for which I have been searching answers for long and I don't have answers for it. Hence asking here.

Inside the bucket of 2613 we have many occupations like Analyst Programmer, Software Engineer etc. Their roles are very different from each other though they have slight overlap. I guess an Analyst Programmers has a senior role than Software Engineers in a software development life cycle. Also the number of Analyst Programmers are less compared to the Software Engineers count in an year.

My question is, an Analyst Programmer with 65 points and EOI of around June 2017 should be able to get a little ahead of a Software Engineer with 70 points and EOI of October 2017 right?
That's wrong, as for the occupation ceiling and EOI invitation, DIBP counts occupations with the first four digit only, that means a Software Engineer with 70 points will always ranking higher than an Analyst Programmer with 65 points

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I guess I am in the same page as you. But if that is the case, then whats the point of having these occupations. Rather they can have something like "Information Technology" right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts