Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Was wondering if any one has similar experience. I am asking for my sister. She has done 9 subjects in ACCA and has got BSC degree in Applied Accounting from OBU.

I understand that if she apply for skill assessment at CPA, she might get negative assessment due to "Accounting Theory" as she is not ACCA member or affiliate yet.

Anyone who has got OBU degree but has not done all ACCA 14 subjects but managed to get skill assessment with ICAA?

Your valuable advice is very much appreciated.
Regards,
Dylan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Acca

Hi Dylan,

Bro, your sister needs to finish 14 papers of ACCA before she can get a positive assessment. I got my positive assessment from IPA in 2 weeks because I finished the 14 papers. I checked this question when I received my OBU too back in 2013, but the answers from the lawyers were straight no.

So, I reckon she finishes the ACCA qualification first and then apply.

Regards,

Hello there,

Was wondering if any one has similar experience. I am asking for my sister. She has done 9 subjects in ACCA and has got BSC degree in Applied Accounting from OBU.

I understand that if she apply for skill assessment at CPA, she might get negative assessment due to "Accounting Theory" as she is not ACCA member or affiliate yet.

Anyone who has got OBU degree but has not done all ACCA 14 subjects but managed to get skill assessment with ICAA?

Your valuable advice is very much appreciated.
Regards,
Dylan

Reactions: mmauk11

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Paresh
:)
Cheers
Hi Dylan,

Bro, your sister needs to finish 14 papers of ACCA before she can get a positive assessment. I got my positive assessment from IPA in 2 weeks because I finished the 14 papers. I checked this question when I received my OBU too back in 2013, but the answers from the lawyers were straight no.

So, I reckon she finishes the ACCA qualification first and then apply.

Regards,

·
Registered
200 Posts
Paresh

Did you apply under General Accountant or External Auditor ?

I have passed all 14 ACCA exams but didn't sit Advanced Audit as an option. Do you think I would still receive positive assessment as External Auditor only having passed Audit in the F papers ?

I believe my chances for invitation will be greater with External Audit rather than General Accountant.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Paresh

I have passed all 14 ACCA exams but didn't sit Advanced Audit as an option. Do you think I would still receive positive assessment as External Auditor only having passed Audit in the F papers ?

I believe my chances for invitation will be greater with External Audit rather than General Accountant.

Thanks
I dont think you will get positive assessment for External auditor in this case.

I think its correct the other way round coz I have seen many people who had submitted EOIs for state sponsorship in beginning of 2015 as External Auditors but there were hardly any invites received from NSW, on the other hand many invites were issued to accountants.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I dont think you will get positive assessment for External auditor in this case.

Because I do not have Advanced Audit and Assurance ? I do have Audit and Assurance from the F level papers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello Members,

I would like to ask for my friend, he has completed all 14 papers but not an affiliate yet or member, can he get his degree assessed by any accounting body in Australia for General Accountant ? if yes do he have any more options other than general accountant ?

Please advice
thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Mate,

I applied as general accountant and got positive assessment. Although I would not recommend you to apply for external auditor as you have not done P7 - adv audit paper unless you have experience by your side to submit with your application.

Regards,

Paresh

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the advice

I have asked the question to the assessing bodies but feel I will just get a 'submit your application and you'll find out' reply

Hey Mate,

I applied as general accountant and got positive assessment. Although I would not recommend you to apply for external auditor as you have not done P7 - adv audit paper unless you have experience by your side to submit with your application.

Regards,

Paresh

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts

Because I do not have Advanced Audit and Assurance ? I do have Audit and Assurance from the F level papers.
I believe it is likely due to the fact that you do not have advanced Audit paper, but just wait for expert advice here for confirmation :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello Members,

I would like to ask for my friend, he has completed all 14 papers but not an affiliate yet or member, can he get his degree assessed by any accounting body in Australia for General Accountant ? if yes do he have any more options other than general accountant ?

Please advice
thanks
How can he not be an Affiliate if he has passes all 14 papers?? I guess ACCA still has total 14 papers or did they increase em'?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Mate,

Also, just another suggestion... apply through IPA, they have a fast track service and usually by experience they do it much faster than others. I had mine done also through CPA for external audit but got negative assessment after 5 weeks. From IPA I got positive assessment in 2 weeks. However, fast track means 800 AUD cost.

Thanks for the advice

I have asked the question to the assessing bodies but feel I will just get a 'submit your application and you'll find out' reply

Reactions: mmauk11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts