Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Could anyone please let me know how long I can expect to wait for my French Citizenship to come through.

Im a South African with a French father (unfortunately now deceased), living in Ireland.

I have applied for my Certificate de la Nationalite and completed all the forms and submitted reams of documents. How long could I expect it to take for my final approval to come through, as I am 'technically French'. Unfortunately Im living in Ireland so all my documents have to be submitted through the Paris Office and I dont have the luxury of meeting with the Regional Prefect.

I have also heard that 'new citizens' have to undergo an interview, could anyone shed some light on this?

Looking forward to your replies, many thanks

Odette

:)

·
Administrator
49,785 Posts
Since we're talking about France, these things take as long as they take. Assuming they do some sort of "enquete" regarding your dossier, it can take up to a year, though if everything goes smoothly it may only be a few months.

If you are going for naturalization, there are at least two interviews - mainly to check out the details of your dossier and to see how well you speak French. I'm not sure you'll need to go through the interview process - and in fact, I don't think you'll be invited to one of the "new citizen" swearing in ceremonies, either, as in theory you have always been French since birth.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.