Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHILD 101 VISA FOR AUSTRALIA
Can anybody advise please the best and cheapest way to obtain certified copies in Spain, where we are staying at the moment..:confused:
We are compiling the multitude of documents, which need to have certified copies to submit to Australian Consulate in Madrid and fear that the cost of could be horrendous for our twins.
Thanks! D & J

PS This is my first Forum Posting, so I hope it makes sense and complies with requirements

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Translating Documents Spanish to English

Can anybody advise please the most economical way to obtain a fair number of Document/Certificate translations from Spanish to English, as we need to Submit our two Child 101 Visa Applications to the Australian Consulate in Madrid as soon as possible...
Thanks v much!
D&J

PS 2nd Post so hope we did it okay...lol:playball:

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
CHILD 101 VISA FOR AUSTRALIA
Can anybody advise please the best and cheapest way to obtain certified copies in Spain, where we are staying at the moment..:confused:
We are compiling the multitude of documents, which need to have certified copies to submit to Australian Consulate in Madrid and fear that the cost of could be horrendous for our twins.
Thanks! D & J

PS This is my first Forum Posting, so I hope it makes sense and complies with requirements
:welcome:

I see you've posted asking about legal translations as well - I'm going to merge the two threads when I've finished answering this, because the answer will cover both

are they asking for 'apostilled' birth certs etc? & if so, where were the twins born?

if it's certified translations they want, the UK consulate has a list of certified translators (known as traductores jurados) in Spain, who should be acceptable to the Australian consulate - but I would check with them before spending anything

It's not cheap, either :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Translations & Cert. Copies

Thanks for combining...:yo:
Babies born in New Delhi, India by Surrogacy... for Partner, who is a Spanish National.
We brought Bubs so their doting Grandfather can have the delight of seeing them whilst we prep the Visa Applications...
However, discovered we were too prepared and our Australian Police Certificatesare considered OUT OF DATE because we applied for them too early...

Regarding two Posts, as I have a tendency to put too much info. in to written communications I was trying to keep each simple :) and short... but your suggestion makes sense...
Thanks! D&J:israel:

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
Thanks for combining...:yo:
Babies born in New Delhi, India by Surrogacy... for Partner, who is a Spanish National.
We brought Bubs so their doting Grandfather can have the delight of seeing them whilst we prep the Visa Applications...
However, discovered we were too prepared and our Australian Police Certificatesare considered OUT OF DATE because we applied for them too early...

Regarding two Posts, as I have a tendency to put too much info. in to written communications I was trying to keep each simple :) and short... but your suggestion makes sense...
Thanks! D&J:israel:
not to worry - it just seemed easier since they're 'sort of' the same thing - well, not really, but often if one is required so is the other

so is it certified translations you need?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes! We need a lot of Certified Copies, Birth Certs, Passports for Parents,also each baby etc etc loads $$$$$$$ aaargh!

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
Hope you have plenty of money, then;we had passports, car docs etc notarised, and it was at least 4 euros a copy!
notarised won't do it I'm pretty certain

they need 'legal translations' which can run at 50€ a page - at least ONE 'traductora judicial' I once contacted was charging that :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Certified Copies $$$

:shocked:
Hope you have plenty of money, then;we had passports, car docs etc notarised, and it was at least 4 euros a copy!
I guess we are spoiled in Australia, as we just ask for a Justice of the Peace... JP
There is always one somewhere near in any small or large town... and they very kindly do it FREE...

It is a wonderful public service...;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
List of Addresses Cert.Copies

4 Euro a copy!!!
Less than a pint in some cases.

Oooh, that's nothing compared whatever costs you will come up against dealing with Australian paperwork and residency process.

There is also a list of translators on the embassy website.
Services for Australians - Embassy of Australia

Thanks for the link to the Aussie Embassy link :nod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts