Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and kids like to watch true Philippine drama stories and at the end of the show they have photo's of the people who were involved but 90% of these photo's are blocked out, it's completely silly to me, why go through the process of a true story and then you can't even view their faces and they show a blurred image. I hate to admit watching these drama's but I get into it only to end up with a blurred image at the end of the story, I point this out to my wife and kids and they start laughing.

Those charged in crimes have the towel, shirt and hat blocking their faces and the police allow this unless they are high crime figures and are made to show their faces. live interviews with the reporter asking questions and they turn their heads, they don't want to be seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Naturally, just like anything else here. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. Like an ostrich hiding it's head in the sand-"they can't see me."

On your photo, must be a reject from Google Earth -- street view. Hahaha..

Reactions: M.C.A.

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Examples of photo blurring

Naturally, just like anything else here. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. Like an ostrich hiding it's head in the sand-"they can't see me."

On your photo, must be a reject from Google Earth -- street view. Hahaha..
I tried to find something on the drama photo blurring and on the nightly news this is a common them but I couldn't find much so I found blurred photo's on Google for sure Lol.

I was here on vacation when the Ozone club fire happened and I couldn't get over the constant updates and graphic video's that played at the time, I'd lose my appetite also there was a flood and they were showing nude photo's of drowned women and now trademarked items blurred, certain people blurred out in images, movie's modified badly, it's like there's no medium, so it's gone from one extreme to the other.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I tried to find something on the drama photo blurring and on the nightly news this is a common them but I couldn't find much so I found blurred photo's on Google for sure Lol.

I was here on vacation when the Ozone club fire happened and I couldn't get over the constant updates and graphic video's that played at the time, I'd lose my appetite also there was a flood and they were showing nude photo's of drowned women and now trademarked items blurred, certain people blurred out in images, movie's modified badly, it's like there's no medium, so it's gone from one extreme to the other.
Yep, no rhyme or reason for a lot of it. I have absolutely nothing to do with local TV. I can see the same activity just by walking down my street and that's bad enough.
Going out to malls or high end resorts where life is or appears to be normal is okay. But other than that I stay detached from all the TV offerings. I enjoy my man cave where I can choose what I watch or whatever. It's the best way I know to retain sanity-Hahaha..

Reactions: M.C.A.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts