What if a person got 176 visa in One state and do the contract work for short term in other state without relocating to that state?
For example: one would get 176 from Victoria state. He/she would get contract in NSW state for 4-6 months. He/she just travel every weekend or alternative weekends to Victoria from work, as his/her permanent home in Victoria state.
Does the obligation still apply with this kind of situation?
It will be fine I would think if your 176 just says live in the state. This is what was on mine for Victoria:
Conditions of Victorian Government sponsorship
1. You and your dependents intend to live in Victoria for at least two years.
2. You have sufficient financial resources to support yourself and your dependents.
3. You understand that all decisions concerning eligibility for migrant visas are the responsibility of DIAC.
4. You understand that the Victorian Government is not responsible for finding employment, accommodation, or providing financial or establishment assistance to you or your dependents.
5. You understand that sponsorship is provided with the following conditions:
· You agree to advise the Victorian Government of your DIAC visa application outcome and migration plans.
· You must continue to meet my DIAC visa conditions whilst in Australia.
· You will advise the Victorian Government of your contact details prior to arriving in Victoria as well as after arriving for a period of two years from that time, including updating contact details (e.g. telephone number and address).
· You understand that the Victorian Government may contact you in relation to your sponsorship at any stage during the period of your visa, and that you will complete surveys if requested by the State, including a survey upon arrival and at six monthly intervals for the two years after arrival.