Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum browsers,

I would appreciate it if I could get some answers regarding the likelihood of my teaching qualifications becoming accepted by the NZQA:

Here's my credential and situation:

I am about to obtain a United States Washington D.C. state certification that is awarded by the State's Board of Education. It is a teaching license that enables me to teach secondary school students in the subjects of English, ESL and social studies.

I also have a 4 year Canadian BA honours degree which would waive the need for an IETLS exam if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I"m wrong.

What are the chances of my NZQA assessment being positive? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Dear forum browsers,

I would appreciate it if I could get some answers regarding the likelihood of my teaching qualifications becoming accepted by the NZQA:

I am about to obtain a United States Washington D.C. state certification that is awarded by the State's Board of Education. It is a teaching license that enables me to teach secondary school students in the subjects of English, ESL and social studies.

I also have a 4 year Canadian BA honours degree which would waive the need for an IETLS exam if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I"m wrong.

Sorry, no idea if NZQA will assess your qualifications with a desired result. The only way to know is to apply, pay the money, provide the documentation and await the result.

The 4 year Canadian BA honours degree doesn't necessarily exempt you from IELTS. That is at the discretion of Immigration and if they accept the evidence from the university that the study was completed entirely in English.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dear forum browsers,

You might also consider contacting a "travel" work agency who recruits teachers, etc., and express interest with them, or even the NZ side credentialing/registration board--either place might be willing to give you specific answers before you shell out money. If nothing else, it can't hurt to ask them, even if they don't give you any good information!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts