Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,

I have 145 points if IQA results 7 but i received 6 in PAR which is very weird as i have 4 years bachelor degree in management information systems and 9+ years of experience, which makes me wonder if the work experience counts in the assessment or not. i'm afraid to submit IQA and receive 6 also which will be waste of money.

one more question; what is vocational training?.

Thank you all for your support.

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
Work experience does not count in assessment. NZQA only assess qualifications.
One of the pitfalls of PAR is the lack of information you have to provide since it is all done online. Even though you have done 4 years of study, it doesn't mean that study is to the standard required in a different country, or more to the point the standard required in NZ.
Your only option is to submit for IQA with as much evidence as you can provide and hope the result gets you a 7.

Vocational training is training that teaches a person specific skills or knowledge that may be required for a specific job/task/function/occupation - e.g welding, fitting tyres, typing etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you escaoedtonz for the information.
but i don't understand why they ask for the work experience when its not assessed (even it was optional).

And regarding the vocational training, how can i prove that i had this training or skill (is it like a soft skill course"communication skills, presentation skills & etc." so i can prove it with attendance certificate).

Thanks again, you are a great help.

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
Thank you escaoedtonz for the information.
but i don't understand why they ask for the work experience when its not assessed (even it was optional).

And regarding the vocational training, how can i prove that i had this training or skill (is it like a soft skill course"communication skills, presentation skills & etc." so i can prove it with attendance certificate).

Thanks again, you are a great help.
I've no idea why nzqa ask for work experience evidence for the iqa assessment. Seems completely irrelevant to me. The standard of your historic qualification study doesn't change once it's over so it wouldn't make any difference to it whether you've worked in the area of the qualification post qualification or flipping burgers in McDonald's but that's just my opinion.

Yes you can prove you have completed the vocational training by providing the attendance or completion certificate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts