Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I am new in this Forum and in a critical situation.Please give me your openion:mad:

1. I applied for IQA assessment for my wife recently,she is an Electrical and Electronics Engineer(BE-HONS) studied in India. NZQA assessment came as "Bachelor of Engineering Technology specialized in Electronics - Level 7(360 credit)" Does anyone face this experience from NZQA?

2. Last month i received my ITA,I am a Mechanical Engineer(BE) 8 years of experience in Middle East.As per my EOI I have 145 points without job offer.I have also applied for NZQA IQA assessment. I have claimed bonus point for qualification and work exp in an area of absolute skill shortage .If the result comes BEng Tech specialized in Mechanical,Will i get the bonus points??

3.Do NZQA give this result for all Engineers studied outside NZ?

4. Now I have 145 points as per EOI,If i do not get the bonus point.It will reduce 120 Points.If i proceed,will i get a PR Visa??

Please answer the above Q as soon as possible.:fingerscrossed:

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

1. Don't understand the problem. Wouldn't you want a BE degree assessed as Level 7 ? This will give you 20 partner points assuming your wife has the suitable evidence that she meets the English Level Requirement as a Principal applicant.

2. You state you have already received ITA, BUT, you also state you are waiting for NZQA IQA assessment. I am assuming you have already had PAR assessment of your qualification by NZQA for the purposes of submitting EOI so you should already have an idea of the likely Level your qualification will attain through IQA ? You will need Level 7 in order to claim the bonus points through absolute skill shortage.

3. I doubt it. Every case is assessed on it's individual merits.

4. I doubt it. If you cannot provide the evidence that you can have the points score claimed on the EOI then Immigration will reduce the points, meaning you will not have enough for selection, therefore the application will most likely be declined and the EOI placed back in the pool since it is over 100 points. Unlikely it will ever be chosen at 120 points and no job offer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. My wife did 4 yr bachelor of engineering degree. But they given bachelor of engineering technology. Is BEngTech same as BE?

2. My LTSSL requirement is BE. If I get BETech can I claim bonus points for qualification and work exp in an area of absolute skill shortage?

3. I have doubt why NZQA gIving BE TECH for BE degree? Do all engineers get like this only?

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
1. My wife did 4 yr bachelor of engineering degree. But they given bachelor of engineering technology. Is BEngTech same as BE?

2. My LTSSL requirement is BE. If I get BETech can I claim bonus points for qualification and work exp in an area of absolute skill shortage?

3. I have doubt why NZQA gIving BE TECH for BE degree? Do all engineers get like this only?
1. No idea, but does it matter ?
It has achieved Level 7 so you can claim 20 partner points which is the maximum possible for the partner contribution.

2. Not if it isn't on the list of requirements for your chosen occupation. You must match the requirements exactly as far as I understand. If the qualification comes back different it'll be at Immigration's discretion whether or not they accept it as meeting the requirements.

3. I don't think so thinking about historical posts on similar subjects, but there's nothing you can do about it if they do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

This might give you a better picture.
My partner has Bachelor of Engineering in Computers and NZQA assessed it as a Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree (network and communication engineering) as level 7 and that is exactly what we wanted.
From my experience I believe BE is the same as BE technology.
Also check the email received with your ITA. A list of your specific requirements must have been mentioned with regards to the comparable outcome of your degree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts