Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I hope everything is good on your side.

I have few doubts regarding the NZQA Assessment and hoping to get some clarity on those.

1. I have done a Master of Information Systems at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia which I believe is exempted from getting assessed as per ANZSCO and has already been given 70 points for it.

2. Although, having completed a Bachelor of software engineering back in Pakistan needs to be assessed in order to claim more points for it, which I reckon is going to be 50 points for level 7 qualification, right? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

3. For IQA, should I just include the bachelor's qualification in it or am I supposed to include Master's one too? if Australia qualification is exempted from NZQA Assessment then is it a good choice to include it in the application. Also, QRS's IQA Application Wizard is also asking me to provide a Supporting Qualification (i.e optional) for instance, a Ph.D. cannot be assessed without a Masters's degree or Masters cannot be assessed without bachelors.

4. If Australian master's is also meant to be assessed under IQA then should it be the primary one and Pakistani bachelor's as supporting or the other way around?

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and thoughts on above conundrum.

Thank you.

Regards,
shazam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Friend,

I would suggest you to go for NZQA assessment for both masters and bachelors degree to be on a safe side, you will get separate outcomes for both assessments and after that, you can easily decide which one is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have submitted the docs for my Bachelor's and Master's qualification IQA assessment.
How much time it gonna take for IQA assessment?
Will NZQA expect any communication from the respective awarding body/University?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.