Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my husband and I are planning to move from NZ to Brisbane in 2011 or 2012, but we are not definite at this stage. As New Zealanders, would we require any visa to work/live/study in Australia?
Also, as our son will be starting high school next year, so we are wondering if education in Brisbane is better than in NZ or about the same? Which is the best public school in Brisbane?
Thanks
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi: As New Zealanders you have the benefits of the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement:

"The arrangement was announced on 4 February 1973 and came into effect soon after. Although the exact nature of the arrangement has been varied from time to time it still allows citizens of Australia or New Zealand to live in each other's nation indefinitely and take on most employment. New Zealand citizens who are not also Australian citizens may not work in Australia in areas involving national security, or in the federal public service."

Source: Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a question. Would you recommend me to apply for New Zealand Residence as an IT professional? NZ seems a great country. Why do you want to move exactly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts