Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If get New Zealand PR as skilled migrant can i study there with discounted fees if there is any law on it? How much is the fee different from regular students?
Will my spouse be eligible to work(if i have claimed her points)
After the invitation how much time they take to process the PR once you have applied with all the required documents.

Thanks much,
Asad

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
If get New Zealand PR as skilled migrant can i study there with discounted fees if there is any law on it? How much is the fee different from regular students?
Will my spouse be eligible to work(if i have claimed her points)
After the invitation how much time they take to process the PR once you have applied with all the required documents.

Thanks much,
Asad
Yes you can live study and work here if you secure a resident visa via smc however you may have some work conditions to fulfill that may not allow you to partake in full-time study ?
The fees for study won't be discounted. They will be the standard fees just like every other resident or citizen would pay. You just wouldn't have to pay the premium of being an international student.
No idea what the difference in cost is.

Yes your spouse will have the same status as you, however shouldn't have any work conditions.

If applying without a job offer, after immigration have received ITA submission your looking at a minimum 9 months I'd say.

Also it is NOT PR or Permanent Residency. It is a Resident Visa or RV not PRV.
RV still allows a person to live study and work in nz permanently but the visa will have conditions which may relate to work and / or travel. You can only apply for PR after you have held RV for a minimum of 2 years. This visa has no conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts