Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've created an EOI for NZ PR Visa with 120 points. However, I've neither paid nor submitted it as NZ Immigration is presently only accepting EOI's with 160 points or more. Are there any ways of improving the EOI score? What is we get a job sponsorship from a NZ firm? My job occupation is of a Software Engineer.

Thanks,

Suhail.

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
You can submit with 100 points or more, however there is no point submitting with less than 160 as the EOI will never be selected since minimum selection criteria is now 160. To increase points the most straightforward way is to have a job offer from an NZ employer which isnt sponsorship. That job offer has to be for a minimum 12 months and has to be skilled. It will also have to match your qualifications and experience.
Other ways are more experience years, maybe a higher level qualification........
Also be aware the rules for SMC RV will change slightly in August as Immigration will be streamlining the points calculation so this could affect your EOI score in the future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks escapedtonz. When you say, "Also be aware the rules for SMC RV will change slightly in August as Immigration will be streamlining the points calculation so this could affect your EOI score in the future." - does this mean a lower EOI score will then be accepted i.e. lower than 160 points? What other changes can be expect in August 2017?

Many Thanks,

Suhail.

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
Thanks escapedtonz. When you say, "Also be aware the rules for SMC RV will change slightly in August as Immigration will be streamlining the points calculation so this could affect your EOI score in the future." - does this mean a lower EOI score will then be accepted i.e. lower than 160 points? What other changes can be expect in August 2017?

Many Thanks,

Suhail.
No a lower score will not be accepted.
The minimum 160 points with or without a job offer will remain as the threshold for EOI selection from the pool.
The changes that are proposed will affect the way points are calculated. This is being changed to force more emphasis on specific attributes of intended migrants. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum area with a link that explains further.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks escapedtonz for your replies. Are you aware of any online jobs portal or agencies that provide job sponsorship to future expats in NZ? It can help me to get a points score of 160 or above for my EOI for NZ PR Visa.

Cheers,

Suhail.

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
Nope. There is no sponsorship in NZ.
You'll just need a plain old job offer from an NZ employer.

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering if the Immigration rules for NZ have changed since July 2017. Do they now accept EOI's with 120 points?

Thanks,

Suhail.
Nope. Minimum 160 points.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replying, escapedtonz. As per the new process, my EOI has been updated with 135 points. However, I am not scoring any points for English language ability. I've a recognized UK degree as well as a PTE-A exam (79+ in all sections) to my credit. Has the English language abilities points been removed?

Suhail.

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
Thanks for replying, escapedtonz. As per the new process, my EOI has been updated with 135 points. However, I am not scoring any points for English language ability. I've a recognized UK degree as well as a PTE-A exam (79+ in all sections) to my credit. Has the English language abilities points been removed?

Suhail.
There has never been points on offer for meeting the English language ability. It is and always has been a mandatory basic requirement. If you don't meet it you don't meet the basic criteria to apply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.