Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Right now I am resident and will be getting PR after two years.Can somebody tell me what are the travel conditions to get PR of NZ.
I think one needs to complete 184 days, if someone goes out to Australia for 5/6 days does it count in staying continuously or not. My next job has travel requirements to Australia.

Same as after getting PR I need to be in NZ for 184 days in a year. These days should be continuous stay or small trips of a week or two are acceptable to other countries?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
4,933 Posts
To gain PR after the 2 years as a Resident you have to meet one of five criteria. If you intend to qualify by declaring you have been in NZ for the majority of the previous 2 years then yes you need to have lived in NZ for at least 184 days in each of the previous 2 years.
Once you have PR you can come and go as you please so don't need to worry about travelling out of the country as PR will always allow you re-entry. Any time outside of the country does go against citizenship as for that you have to have been living here on a resident or permanent resident visa for at least 5 years although they do allow short periods away - I. E. For holiday that does not affect the calculation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts