124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a query .
1:- I was checking for the processing time for partner visa for NZ
Processing timeframes
It says that

--
Partnership and Dependent Child residency applications will be allocated to an Immigration Officer within 4 weeks of lodgement. These applications are normally processed within nine months of being allocated to an Immigration Officer
---
My query is that if by the time a partner gets residency visa can she enter NZ may be as visitor or some other visa and become eligible for work in NZ

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
Hmm. Firstly why are you looking at Partnership Resident Visa's...........aren't you applying for a Resident visa with your partner on the application also??? If so, you and anyone else on the application will get the same visa at the same time.

If not, she could enter as a visitor, however it would have to have special conditions agreed by Immigration as she would not actually be a genuine visitor.
She could also apply for a temporary work visa via the partnership route. This is based on the fact you have a visa allowing you to live and work in NZ and will tide her over for the period it takes to get the Resident visa via partnership route and will allow her to live and work in NZ temporarily. She wouldn't need a job offer beforehand as it is based on the fact you have a visa allowing you to live and work in NZ.

Reactions: aspire

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot
I did not apply with me as I was not married yet and now going to marry in a different country
thanks for suggesting right visa

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks what is the approximate processing time for temporary work visa via the partnership route.

Hmm. Firstly why are you looking at Partnership Resident Visa's...........aren't you applying for a Resident visa with your partner on the application also??? If so, you and anyone else on the application will get the same visa at the same time.

If not, she could enter as a visitor, however it would have to have special conditions agreed by Immigration as she would not actually be a genuine visitor.
She could also apply for a temporary work visa via the partnership route. This is based on the fact you have a visa allowing you to live and work in NZ and will tide her over for the period it takes to get the Resident visa via partnership route and will allow her to live and work in NZ temporarily. She wouldn't need a job offer beforehand as it is based on the fact you have a visa allowing you to live and work in NZ.

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
Thanks what is the approximate processing time for temporary work visa via the partnership route.
Usually one would make an application for a partnership based temporary work visa at the same time as the main temporary work visa so they are both awarded at the same time and considered by Immigration at the same time.
The main temporary work visa can only be applied for when you have a job offer in NZ. Once awarded they allow immediate travel for up to 3 months when they expire so in other words once awarded you must travel to NZ within 3 months and they can be awarded for up to 5 years. They usually take around a month to secure depending if you have all your paperwork in place, police checks and medical.
In this time frame the partnership based visa should also be secured.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usually one would make an application for a partnership based temporary work visa at the same time as the main temporary work visa so they are both awarded at the same time and considered by Immigration at the same time.
The main temporary work visa can only be applied for when you have a job offer in NZ. Once awarded they allow immediate travel for up to 3 months when they expire so in other words once awarded you must travel to NZ within 3 months and they can be awarded for up to 5 years. They usually take around a month to secure depending if you have all your paperwork in place, police checks and medical.
In this time frame the partnership based visa should also be secured.
Hey mate, I think I should have been more clear in the first post itself.
I am actually living in NZ and hold a NZ resident visa and my query is for temporary partner visa for my spouse with whom I will be married in india in coming month
so i think work visa is out of the picture and normal residency takes big time so need info about and processing time for temporary partner visa [ in case partner is already a NZ resident ]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Aspire, can you please help me wit the process and steps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts