Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am from India and thinking of migrating to NZ.

I would be greatful if i can have honest views from you all in general. Looking at current economic status of NZ u think its good to move and does it have good future growth.

Also, i am software professional. keeping it in my mind, u think chances of getting PR and the timeframe.

Regards,

Rajat

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Yes it's a good move and it has an excellent future.

If you apply for RV via SMC without a job offer it'll generally take at least 12 months from EOI selection.
If you already have a job offer this would reduce as it is more of a priority but would still take at least 6 - 9 months.
These durations assume there are no problems along the way with the application or submitted documentation/evidence.

You must hold RV for 2 years and satisfy one of five requirements before you can get PR.

Reactions: tubaropaolo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I am from India and thinking of migrating to NZ.

I would be greatful if i can have honest views from you all in general. Looking at current economic status of NZ u think its good to move and does it have good future growth.

Also, i am software professional. keeping it in my mind, u think chances of getting PR and the timeframe.

Regards,

Rajat

Hey Rajat,

For applying PR, you need to be eligible for the SMC application for which you need atleast 5 years of IT work experience alongwith your EOI points to be more than 100 points(if you have done masters then you get 60 points for it).

escapedtonz : You may add your inputs. What is the best way to understand the exact needs of the NZ employers so we can prepare ourselves accordingly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts