Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to any immigration never went outside India in my whole life. Thinking of applying NZ skilled visa immigration, here are my details :

• Qualification :
o B.Com Delhi University
o Advance Post graduate diploma in Computer application
o Master in Science (Computer Science)
• Work Exp : 10+ years of experience in IT as a Database Administrator.

Just wanted to check if the job market is good for IT professionals and will it be worth to apply ?

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
Hi

I am new to any immigration never went outside India in my whole life. Thinking of applying NZ skilled visa immigration, here are my details :

• Qualification :
o B.Com Delhi University
o Advance Post graduate diploma in Computer application
o Master in Science (Computer Science)
• Work Exp : 10+ years of experience in IT as a Database Administrator.

Just wanted to check if the job market is good for IT professionals and will it be worth to apply ?
Yes there is a good market for jobs in IT - especially Auckland and Wellington, however it is a competitive market as it seems every man and his dog coming here is an IT expert :p
It'll be worth applying if you can claim enough points on the EOI. Assuming you don't have a job offer you will need to score minimum 140 points to guarantee the EOI is selected from the pool and progresses through the process. Anything below 140 points you will also need a job offer to enable the EOI to get selected as at the moment Immigration are selecting EOI's with 100 to 135 points but with job offers. This could change at any time.

Reactions: kishan4570

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for response.

I am not sure but just wanted to ask you how are degrees earned by Open/Distance learning evaluated. I have checked my degree is there in the list as well as the university, in the NZ its exempt from assessment.
Also the skill set is part of absolute shortage skill (long term).

Since i have masters and Bachelors so while evaluating can i claim for both ? or just one ?
Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) YesNo
Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 3,4,5,6) YesNo
Did you begin your study for level 3, 4, 5 or 6 recognised qualification on or before 24 July 2011? YesNo
Do you have a recognised level 9 or 10 post-graduate qualification (Master's Degree or Doctorate)?

appreciate your help on this!

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
thanks for response.

I am not sure but just wanted to ask you how are degrees earned by Open/Distance learning evaluated. I have checked my degree is there in the list as well as the university, in the NZ its exempt from assessment.
Also the skill set is part of absolute shortage skill (long term).

Since i have masters and Bachelors so while evaluating can i claim for both ? or just one ?
Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) YesNo
Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 3,4,5,6) YesNo
Did you begin your study for level 3, 4, 5 or 6 recognised qualification on or before 24 July 2011? YesNo
Do you have a recognised level 9 or 10 post-graduate qualification (Master's Degree or Doctorate)?

appreciate your help on this!
If any qualification needs assessment it is done by applying to nzqa. They will assess it on its individual merits regardless if you have studied full time in university or open university.
If the qualification you have gained matches one on the exemption list exactly then you do not need assessment and can claim the equivalent level stated.

You can only claim for one qualification but you must select yes if for example you have a qualification at Level 9 and a qualification at Level 7 as that is selecting Yes to two different questions and may attract bonus points ?
If you have a Level 7 and Level 8 degree you aren't going to get anything else as it's only one question and you can't answer it twice.

Generally you claim for the qualification that gives the most points so for a Masters Degree 60 points versus a Bachelor Degree at 50 points, however if you claim for the Masters you will not meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL (its too high) so you may have to claim for the Bachelor Degree at lower points allowing you to meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL allowing the bonus points.

Reactions: kishan4570

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right

"Generally you claim for the qualification that gives the most points so for a Masters Degree 60 points versus a Bachelor Degree at 50 points, however if you claim for the Masters you will not meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL (its too high) so you may have to claim for the Bachelor Degree at lower points allowing you to meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL allowing the bonus points."

but my problem is i have Bachelors degree in Commerce (this is not listed against Database Administrator (262111)) in LTSSL :( My master degree is in Computer science....
looks like i cant apply then.... kind of confused here...

sorry if i am bothering you too much with my back to back questions. But at this point i dint have any one to help or guide.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
You are right

"Generally you claim for the qualification that gives the most points so for a Masters Degree 60 points versus a Bachelor Degree at 50 points, however if you claim for the Masters you will not meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL (its too high) so you may have to claim for the Bachelor Degree at lower points allowing you to meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL allowing the bonus points."

but my problem is i have Bachelors degree in Commerce (this is not listed against Database Administrator (262111)) in LTSSL :( My master degree is in Computer science....
looks like i cant apply then.... kind of confused here...

sorry if i am bothering you too much with my back to back questions. But at this point i dint have any one to help or guide.

thanks
Yes it seems you will not be able to claim the bonus points for meeting the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL.
This may mean you're unable to claim enough points on the eoi?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts