Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondered if anyone could help, I'm a second yr student nurse and once I've qualified will be looking to move over to Melbourne with OH and two little kiddies :). I was wondering if anyone has has moved over there straight from qualifying or has stayed on in the uk to get more experience? Also how have you found the job? Is it the same hours, pay, conditions etc. Also I'm studying for the diploma but have not decided yet whether to top up to the degree, do you think it's worth doing before we make the move or could I do it once we are over in oz. Any info would be greatly appreciated x x x

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Annie,

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already done so try using the search facility since there have been several discussions on nurses moving over here and those posts may help answer your questions.

Cheers,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

A good place to start looking for a job would be the Department of Health's website:
Department of Health

Also, contact hospitals direct.

Most people in the health industry come over on a 457 visa, which is a temporary visa.

I'm guessing as you won't have any work experience behind you, you'll have to work for about 2 years before you can apply for PR.

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts