Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any information. I am going to sydney Australia in march 2010 with the view, to stay for a minimum of 12 months. In Feb 2010 i will graduate as a registered nurse in adult nursing. I am aware that alot of the agency's do not take on newly qualified members of staff. But does anyone no of any organistaions that do, or how is the nest way to secure a job over there.

I am aware that to register on the NSW nursing board, you need to have sat the ILETS exam, which i will have secured before i head out there.

Any information would be kindly appreciated.

Rebecca

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Rebecca:

Before coming over you need some sort of visa that allows work. If you just come over as a visitor then no organisation will hire you. You need to arrange the visa before you come.

You do also have the option of a WHV (Working Holiday Visa). However they have their own rules (how long it can be and can't be continuous for 12 months).

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any information. I am going to sydney Australia in march 2010 with the view, to stay for a minimum of 12 months. In Feb 2010 i will graduate as a registered nurse in adult nursing. I am aware that alot of the agency's do not take on newly qualified members of staff. But does anyone no of any organistaions that do, or how is the nest way to secure a job over there.

I am aware that to register on the NSW nursing board, you need to have sat the ILETS exam, which i will have secured before i head out there.

Any information would be kindly appreciated.

Rebecca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rebecca:

Before coming over you need some sort of visa that allows work. If you just come over as a visitor then no organisation will hire you. You need to arrange the visa before you come.

You do also have the option of a WHV (Working Holiday Visa). However they have their own rules (how long it can be and can't be continuous for 12 months).
Hi thank you for your response

At first i intend to come over on a working holiday visa, however there is a possibility that i will be changing my visa type to a more permenent one once i am over there. through my partners application. as he has a pemenent job out there with a australian company

I have been concidering doing agency work, instead of a contracted job as this would give me more flexability. would this comply with the WHV rules. And are you aware of any companies that take on newly qualified nurses.

Thanks

Rebecca

Thanks

Rebecca

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

I know in perth they take on newly qualified nurses, and in Brisbane but I am not sure which ones. Its worth emailing a few to find out. I am looking at heading out Jan 2011 so I will have almost 2 yrs experience. Let me know how you get on or pm me, maybe we can help each other as so much information is in existance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
new grad hires.

i know the private companies like Ramsay Health, hire new grads. As well I would try the health authorities for the states you are going to. Keep in mind that you have to have individual state registration as well until June 2010 when the nursing board of australia takes over the registration.

Hi

I know in perth they take on newly qualified nurses, and in Brisbane but I am not sure which ones. Its worth emailing a few to find out. I am looking at heading out Jan 2011 so I will have almost 2 yrs experience. Let me know how you get on or pm me, maybe we can help each other as so much information is in existance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts