Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Sweden but are trained and have a degree in nursing from Australia, where we currently live. We want to move to NoCa, to be closer to my sister.

How do we do this? Do I need a job offer first and then apply for a work permit? It is a jungle out there.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I am from Sweden but are trained and have a degree in nursing from Australia, where we currently live. We want to move to NoCa, to be closer to my sister.

How do we do this? Do I need a job offer first and then apply for a work permit? It is a jungle out there.
your nursing degree will not get you a visa currently

yor sister can file to bring you over if she is over 21 and a US citizen
will take 12 years though

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Google "American Nurses Association" and read up on what you have to do to get your US accredidation. You can do most of it on a remote basis. Nurse is a very general term for a wide array of specializations. Your chances of not only finding a US employer but a US employer will and able to sponsor your visa depend largely on your specific job skills. Yes, the option of your sister sponsoring you is available as long as she is a US citizen. Depending on your place of birth you may be able to take part in the Diversity Lottery. Who knows you may find your soul mate during your next trip to SoCal. Investment is an expensive and often unreliable way to move to the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts