Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , i am nurse from uk .. planning to move to abu dhabi.
looking forward to receive many advice regarding :
1 ) how is life in abu dhabi?
2) how is the public transport? is it reliable?
3) being woman , and single .. are they any problem?if they are concerns... what are those concerns?
4) is there any organisation who gathered and support uk expatriates ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
1) Great, but expensive
2) Bus only (crowded at peak times) and cheap; taxi alternative reasonable price
3) Absolutely no issues
4) Lots of options - check on-line and you will find them, but you may find your colleagues or sports the best way to build a support network

·
Registered
7 Posts
second the above points. I am a single female and have lived in UAE for several years, now. Life is good here, if a bit slower paced than in Dubai. And you should have absolutely no worries walking around at pretty much any time of day. I would strongly recommend getting a car, but taxis are cheap and reliable (no one takes the long way just because you don't know any better) - not sure about the busses. There are plenty of organizations for UK expats, but you can also try meetup and the like to meet others, as well

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,931 Posts
the only issue with taxis is that depending on where you live, the wait times could be long at rush hour,
Hi,
There is a smartphone taxi app in Abu Dhabi - makes it easier to order taxis in Abu Dhabi.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
1 ) how is life in abu dhabi?--- i like it so far.. a tad bit boring but im jobless so you will not have that issue.
2) how is the public transport? is it reliable?--- not reliable in my opinion but not as bad as it could be. i take mostly buses, they always come but often not when the signs say they will
3) being woman , and single .. are they any problem?if they are concerns... what are those concerns?-- no concerns
4) is there any organisation who gathered and support uk expatriates ?--- im not from the uk but there are some i think..

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all , i am nurse from uk .. planning to move to abu dhabi.
looking forward to receive many advice regarding :
1 ) how is life in abu dhabi?
2) how is the public transport? is it reliable?
3) being woman , and single .. are they any problem?if they are concerns... what are those concerns?
4) is there any organisation who gathered and support uk expatriates ?
Try Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi for employment opportunities. They are recruiting full force right now for experienced RNs. Be prepared to be 'wowed'.
This is a very safe community for women. I live away from the city center and decided to lease a car so cannot comment on public transit. Many hospitals have corporate housing and have a bus to pick up staff from certain locations.
You won't regret it.... best of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts