Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
701 - 720 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got invited from NSW just after moving to Melbourne on 482 visa. It was about 3 days after moving from NSW. I am really confused if I should apply for pre-invite. If anyone in a similar situation. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got invited from NSW just after moving to Melbourne on 482 visa. It was about 3 days after moving from NSW. I am really confused if I should apply for pre-invite. If anyone in a similar situation. Thank you
OFCOURSE! Just don't say anything about Melbourne, come back ASAP and apply.

Provide bank statements with NSW transactions and bills as much as you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OFCOURSE! Just don't say anything about Melbourne, come back ASAP and apply.

Provide bank statements with NSW transactions and bills as much as you can.
I have everything but the problem is my current employer is located in Victoria which means I have to be in Victoria. Current address is Victoria as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have everything but the problem is my current employer is located in Victoria which means I have to be in Victoria. Current address is Victoria as well.
I got too excited with your invitation, maybe wait for the experts in the forum to comment on the 482 employer issues.

Hopefully, you can get it sort it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Australia arrival = 476 Visa: 30/12/2016

Back then people got invited with 60 points, so I had 60 points from March 2017, but never got invited until;

EOI DOE NSW 03/09/2020 233916 Naval Architect 85+5
Invited 10/06/2021
Approved 23/06/2021

Took a lot of work, Assessment expired, Naati expired, spent a lot of time and money, but after more than bloody 1600 days, got invited :love:

·
Registered
38 Posts

Back then people got invited with 60 points, so I had 60 points from March 2017, but never got invited until;

Invited 10/06/2021
Approved 23/06/2021

Took a lot of work, Assessment expired, Naati expired, spent a lot of time and money, but after more than bloody 1600 days, got invited :love:
That's awesome! Hard work pays off and it shows. Congratulations!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #708 ·

Invited 10/06/2021
Approved 23/06/2021

Congratulations! Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I've got NSW invitation and approval on May 2021, then lodged my visa 190 application end of May.
My ACS assessment will be expired next month in August 2021.
My question is, do I need to apply for a new assessment or the one I have lodged my application with will be still acceptable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi guys, I've got NSW invitation and approval on May 2021, then lodged my visa 190 application end of May.
My ACS assessment will be expired next month in August 2021.
My question is, do I need to apply for a new assessment or the one I have lodged my application with will be still acceptable?

Thanks.
Your skills and English tests results are frozen on the date of invite
As long as they are valid on the date of the final invite, you are not bothered if they expire during processing
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
We got our pre invite for 190 after 2 years of long wait. We immediately accepted the invite and did the payment.
But our ACS was expired just before 10 days of the invite, so we contacted skilled migration on phone and email and they suggested us to get a new skills assessment done as they are ready to wait for the same. Now in the meantime our EOI expired (which was valid at the time of pre invite) so when we got the positive skill assessment and submitted it to the authorities they replied saying that they cannot nominate us as our EOI is expired.
Can someone guide us here as what to do next?
Can we create a new EOI and link it to the old one so that it doesn't update our EOI date
OR
Do we have to create a new EOI and start again in the queue?
Please suggest
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi Guys,
We got our pre invite for 190 after 2 years of long wait. We immediately accepted the invite and did the payment.
But our ACS was expired just before 10 days of the invite, so we contacted skilled migration on phone and email and they suggested us to get a new skills assessment done as they are ready to wait for the same. Now in the meantime our EOI expired (which was valid at the time of pre invite) so when we got the positive skill assessment and submitted it to the authorities they replied saying that they cannot nominate us as our EOI is expired.
Can we create a new EOI and link it to the old one so that it doesn't update our EOI date
OR
Please suggest
Thanks in Advance
If the state is serious about nominating you, then they generally transfer the nomination to the new EOI
If they are not agreeing to do that, then you have no option but to create a new EOI and wait for a new pre invite
BTW, state sponsorship are not given on the basis of how old the EOI is like 189
Cheers

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
Hi Guys,
OR
Please suggest
Thanks in Advance
That is so unfortunate. I hope that fortune favors you again and you get the invitation. Hang in there mate! Good luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Guys,
OR
Please suggest
Thanks in Advance
Mate, send them a compassionate email outlining your circumstances and also state that you have been waiting for almost two years. Include your new EOI and let them know that the old one expired after the invite. NSW is usually considerate with issues like this. Some members have had the same issue and they were issued a new invite to their new EOI. Also, call them after sending the email.

I hope you return with a positive response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the state is serious about nominating you, then they generally transfer the nomination to the new EOI
If they are not agreeing to do that, then you have no option but to create a new EOI and wait for a new pre invite
BTW, state sponsorship are not given on the basis of how old the EOI is like 189
Cheers
Cheers
Thank you for your reply NB.
We called them and they said just create a new EOI and email us, they will then issue the invite. So all good now.
Just had another query ..I have heard of temporary Medicare card after receiving the invite.. are we eligible to get the temp Medicare if we receive the invite ? Or do we get the medicare only after the grant? Pls advise..
Thanks again in advance :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mate, send them a compassionate email outlining your circumstances and also state that you have been waiting for almost two years. Include your new EOI and let them know that the old one expired after the invite. NSW is usually considerate with issues like this. Some members have had the same issue and they were issued a new invite to their new EOI. Also, call them after sending the email.

I hope you return with a positive response.
Yes they were very kind to us
We called them and they said just create a new EOI and email us, they will then issue the invite. So all good now.
Thank u 😊

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes they were very kind to us
Thank u 😊
Glad to hear that. Regarding your question to medicare, you can apply for it after you lodge your 190 visa.

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Thank you for your reply NB.
Just had another query ..I have heard of temporary Medicare card after receiving the invite.. are we eligible to get the temp Medicare if we receive the invite ? Or do we get the medicare only after the grant? Pls advise..
Thanks again in advance :)
You will be eligible to get the Medicare card only after you apply for the 190 and pay the fees
Cheers

701 - 720 of 739 Posts