Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Welcome to the NSW SS Invitation Thread for 2020-21 Financial Year. As the financial year in Australia comes to an end, I am creating this thread for the next year. There were several who received their invites in 2019-20 and hopefully many more will receive their invites in the coming year. The past year has been trying and frustrating for many especially due to the pandemic. But, hopefully this year will get better as the days pass by.

Economies of several countries have taken a hit including that of AU. Historically, AU has relied on immigration as one of their instruments to boost their GDP and I hope they continue to do so. In these times of uncertainty, let us all try to be patient and stay positive as much as possible. The immigration process is exhaustive and resource consuming but rewarding in the end.

Please keep your posts relevant, as accurate as possible and civil. I would also like to request all the veteran members to support, guide and contribute as always.

We are all here for our future.

Good luck!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Creating jobs the highest priority as unemployment edges up due to covid-19

Interesting read. See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
All the best guys

Hello All,

Welcome to the NSW SS Invitation Thread for 2020-21 Financial Year. As the financial year in Australia comes to an end, I am creating this thread for the next year. There were several who received their invites in 2019-20 and hopefully many more will receive their invites in the coming year. The past year has been trying and frustrating for many especially due to the pandemic. But, hopefully this year will get better as the days pass by.

Economies of several countries have taken a hit including that of AU. Historically, AU has relied on immigration as one of their instruments to boost their GDP and I hope they continue to do so. In these times of uncertainty, let us all try to be patient and stay positive as much as possible. The immigration process is exhaustive and resource consuming but rewarding in the end.

Please keep your posts relevant, as accurate as possible and civil. I would also like to request all the veteran members to support, guide and contribute as always.

We are all here for our future.

Good luck!
Hello AJ, Thanks for creating this thread. Lets hope for the best in the coming year. All the best Guys.
I have submitted EOI for 190SS from NSW , DOE 12th June 2020 . Hope the new FY brings some good news for all aspirants. :fingerscrossed:

Here is some news published today.
https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...n-international-students-and-skilled-migrants

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NSW is currently closed to applications

News Flash:

"NSW will open to new nominations once the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs provides us with an allocation of positions for 2020-21. Invitation rounds for NSW nomination under the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) will also commence at this time.

At this stage we are unable to advise when this will occur. Please continue to monitor our website for updates."

Hopefully this year will be better than the last. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
ISCAH-

Migration Program 2020/21
------------------------------------

Message from the Migration Institute of Australia -

2020-21 Migration planning levels and allocations
As members will be aware the Federal Budget has been deferred until 4 October 2020 due to the impact of the COVID 19 pandemic. This has implications for all government departments dependent on the financial allocations made as part of the Budget decisions. An economic and fiscal update will be provided by the Treasurer on 23 July 2020.

It is expected that the Department will consider changes to the Migration Program Planning Levels for 2020-21 due to the COVID-19 situation and higher levels of unemployment within the Australian workforce.
Migration numbers and state/territory nomination places have also been impacted, as well as the announcement of any changes to the occupation lists.

In the interim, the Department has indicated that the 2019-20 Migration Program settings will remain in place until further notice and will also shortly announce how state/territory nominations will be managed in the lead up to the October Budget.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ISCAH-

Migration Program 2020/21
------------------------------------

Message from the Migration Institute of Australia -

2020-21 Migration planning levels and allocations
As members will be aware the Federal Budget has been deferred until 4 October 2020 due to the impact of the COVID 19 pandemic. This has implications for all government departments dependent on the financial allocations made as part of the Budget decisions. An economic and fiscal update will be provided by the Treasurer on 23 July 2020.

It is expected that the Department will consider changes to the Migration Program Planning Levels for 2020-21 due to the COVID-19 situation and higher levels of unemployment within the Australian workforce.
Migration numbers and state/territory nomination places have also been impacted, as well as the announcement of any changes to the occupation lists.

In the interim, the Department has indicated that the 2019-20 Migration Program settings will remain in place until further notice and will also shortly announce how state/territory nominations will be managed in the lead up to the October Budget.
So checking immigration news till July 23 will be of no use then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So as per various reports above will it be right to assume that NSW will start giving invitations only after OCT 2020??

·
Registered
239 Posts
So as per various reports above will it be right to assume that NSW will start giving invitations only after OCT 2020??
It’s still grey atm. Different theories floating around.

States might get a go ahead to open nominations from early Aug but the actual cap will only be known in Oct. That could mean two things:

1) Invitations start being issued only after Oct

OR

2) States start inviting from Aug but issue very few invites to critical sector occupations only. And potentially only onshore people.

The only clear thing as of now is that nothing’s happening until next month!

So sit back and relax 😄

·
Registered
120 Posts
" The Director, Migration Assistance Policy Section, Immigration Policy Framework Branch, Immigration and Community Protection Policy Division, Immigration and Settlement Services Group from the Department of Home Affairs has provided this response to Migration Alliance:

The State and Territory nominated visa programs will play an important part in Australia’s economic recovery and continue to be a part of the Migration Program. The Australian Government is considering how best to shape the Migration Program into the future to drive economic growth and support job creation. Nominations will be made available to States and Territories in line with these considerations, in the following categories:

Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190).
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491).
Business Innovation and Investment Program.
With regard to the invitation rounds for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Family Sponsored) (subclass 491), the Government is closely monitoring migration and visa settings to ensure they are consistent with public health measures, are flexible and do not displace job opportunities for Australians so that Australia can deal with the immediate and post recovery impacts of COVID-19. Targeted invitation rounds have continued each month and prioritise skills which are in critical need and will aid Australia’s economic recovery. "

Copied from Migration Alliance

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
" The Director, Migration Assistance Policy Section, Immigration Policy Framework Branch, Immigration and Community Protection Policy Division, Immigration and Settlement Services Group from the Department of Home Affairs has provided this response to Migration Alliance:

The State and Territory nominated visa programs will play an important part in Australia’s economic recovery and continue to be a part of the Migration Program. The Australian Government is considering how best to shape the Migration Program into the future to drive economic growth and support job creation. Nominations will be made available to States and Territories in line with these considerations, in the following categories:

Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190).
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491).
Business Innovation and Investment Program.
With regard to the invitation rounds for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Family Sponsored) (subclass 491), the Government is closely monitoring migration and visa settings to ensure they are consistent with public health measures, are flexible and do not displace job opportunities for Australians so that Australia can deal with the immediate and post recovery impacts of COVID-19. Targeted invitation rounds have continued each month and prioritise skills which are in critical need and will aid Australia’s economic recovery. "

Copied from Migration Alliance
Sounds like hope to me!!

Reactions: kc_muzik

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi guys,

What happens if one changes employers before receiving pre-invite? I’m aware it’s not a problem as long as one works in the same occupation code and the EOI is promptly updated.

But what documents would be required from the new employer as part of the 1) pre-invite submission 2) visa lodging

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,850 Posts
Hi guys,

What happens if one changes employers before receiving pre-invite? I’m aware it’s not a problem as long as one works in the same occupation code and the EOI is promptly updated.

But what documents would be required from the new employer as part of the 1) pre-invite submission 2) visa lodging

Thanks!
Give your Anzsco code

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
hi guys,

what happens if one changes employers before receiving pre-invite? I’m aware it’s not a problem as long as one works in the same occupation code and the eoi is promptly updated.

thanks!
give your anzsco code

cheers

·
Registered
21,850 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks!
If you change employers, and you want to claim points for experience , you should get reassessed
If you claim points without reassessment, it’s a huge risk

If you don’t want to claim points for the new employment, then no need for reassessment

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Nb
I'm currently working as a Developer. In january 2020 i have applied for Acs skill assessment in that i got positive outcome. when i'm applying for assessment i have mentioned that my experience as follows: Developer : July 2018 - July 2019
and there is Gap of 3 months for next role in the same company.
Developer : November 2019- present .
But ACS gives me the assessment for 1.5 years ( they considered it from july 2018 to November 2019)
I have noticed that mistake now ( in June 2020) my question is what can i do with the skill assessment letter.
can i request new letter from ACS?? is there any affect on My EOI if I'm invited ? Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you change employers, and you want to claim points for experience , you should get reassessed

If you don’t want to claim points for the new employment, then no need for reassessment

Cheers
OK...In my case I won't be getting any extra points with the new employer as I've just crossed 8 years. So I wouldn't get reassessed.

Hypothetical situation: So If I change employers on Oct 1st, update my EOI to show employment only till Sep 30 and pre-invite comes on Nov 25th, would it be an issue with the state if I showed employment only till Sep 30? Also the same with final visa lodging?

Just wondering if the state and DHA expect one to show proof that they are currently employed in the same profession. As the period from Oct 1 to Nov 25 would be then be a gap.

Thanks NB!

·
Registered
120 Posts

Cheers
Hi NB,
I did assessment from VETASSES and they had deducted 1 year experience. This August 1st I will be gaining 5 points as I am completing 6 years experience in the same firm. I had got positive assessment with Salary certifucate, slips, account statements and Income tax return. Didn't have PF statement or form 16 as employer is reluctant for PF and TDS as my salary comes within non taxable limit. Should these be enough proof for me to claim the extra 5 points or will they ask for more? I lost 5 points last month due to age, so these 5 points are crucial.

·
Registered
21,850 Posts
Hello Nb
I'm currently working as a Developer. In january 2020 i have applied for Acs skill assessment in that i got positive outcome. when i'm applying for assessment i have mentioned that my experience as follows: Developer : July 2018 - July 2019
and there is Gap of 3 months for next role in the same company.
Developer : November 2019- present .
But ACS gives me the assessment for 1.5 years ( they considered it from july 2018 to November 2019)
I have noticed that mistake now ( in June 2020) my question is what can i do with the skill assessment letter.
can i request new letter from ACS?? is there any affect on My EOI if I'm invited ? Thanks
You started working from July 2018 and ACS allowed you to claim points for experience from July 2018 ?

Really surprised if you have not graduated from Australia

Cheers

·
Registered
21,850 Posts
OK...In my case I won't be getting any extra points with the new employer as I've just crossed 8 years. So I wouldn't get reassessed.

Hypothetical situation: So If I change employers on Oct 1st, update my EOI to show employment only till Sep 30 and pre-invite comes on Nov 25th, would it be an issue with the state if I showed employment only till Sep 30? Also the same with final visa lodging?

Just wondering if the state and DHA expect one to show proof that they are currently employed in the same profession. As the period from Oct 1 to Nov 25 would be then be a gap.

Thanks NB!
Under 190 not to Claim points for experience becomes tricky
If you show in the EOI that you are employed in an unrelated job, the state may not issue you a preinvite and sponsor you

Cheers

1 - 20 of 513 Posts