Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

NSW STATE SPONSORSHIP INVITATION FROM 1st JULY 2017

1M views 7K replies 874 participants last post by  Pvn14 
#1 ·
Starting this thread for those who are awaiting an invite from NSW in this new 2017-2018 Financial year!

Good luck guys.

Share your questions and details.

#3 ·
Subscribing
Rather than add a "Following" or "Subscribing" comment to multiple threads, please use the "Subscribe to this thread" link to subscribe to a thread. :)

You can find it at the top right of the first post in every thread, in the green bar.

Once subscribed, you can unsubscribe the same way. :)

Thank you. :)
kaju

#6 ·
Things are already little off for prorata occupations. SS is the only hope for many out here including me. So keeping fingers crossed and wishing everyone a direct grant soon [emoji51][emoji3]

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kulwinder84
#10 ·
hi m bit confused with the following discussion.. can u plz guide my for my non prorata occ chemical engg. i had applied for 190 to NSW in Feb 2017 with 55 points and yet not received and correspondence from dibp. che eng is removed from 190 at present... i want to know about my probabilities of receiving nomination from NSW.

#12 ·
Chemical Engg is not removed from 190, so you are still eligible for 190.

But if you mean it is removed from 190 NSW, then yes it was removed from 190 NSW Occupational List and hence you weren't eligible for 190 NSW.

There is no guarantee you will ever get 190 or you may get it tomorrow. It depends on the state.

So, try apply to all the states you can and see if anyone sponsors you. For Chemical Engineer you have chance for 190 since its not pro rata. May be this year you will get it.

In any case, try get 5 more points and get 189 .

#23 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I live in HK. I am just wondering what the odds are for accountants to get invited by NSW in the new financial year. I currently have 65 raw points without state nomination, but I will get another 5 points more by the end of this month when I will have accumulated 3 years of professional work experience. I appreciate it if anyone can shed some light.

ANZSCO 221111 General Accountant
English: 20 points (PTE-A with L 87, R 90, S 90, W 87)
Non-Aussie Degree: 15 points (CA positive assessment received)
Foreign Work Experience: 5 points (CA positive assessment received, but wont get the points until the end of July 2017)

Reactions: commie_rick
#24 ·
70 will get you in queue for 189. I assume you will get your 189 from next year July 2018. You have Superior English but NSW been even more difficult than 189 and only 75+5 or higher guys were invited. I guess you have nothing much to do but wait or hope the ceiling gets doubled.

#26 ·
60+5 has no chance.

65+5 has almost no chance either even with Superior English.

70+5 has some chance.

#34 ·
Reactions: veen
#43 ·
Any expert see my invitation in 2017 from NSW.

occupation dental technician 411213
Diplpma 10
aus education 5
age 30
aus exp 10
over exp 5
state sponsorship 5

total 65

eoi lodge on 06/08/2016 with 55 + 5 =60
now upgrade 28/06/2017 with 60 + 5 = 65

#44 ·
Anyone have any idea of the occupation ceilings for NSW.. I am looking for 261111

#46 ·
Mechanical Engineer 60 pts

Hi,
Any guess for mechanical engineers with 60 pts.
I am hoping for an invitation in july because during the start of the financial year, the cut off limit remains at 60 pts.

Whats your verdict.
plz share
thanks

#55 ·
Hi,
Any guess for mechanical engineers with 60 pts.
I am hoping for an invitation in july because during the start of the financial year, the cut off limit remains at 60 pts.

Whats your verdict.
plz share
thanks
No chance in NSW 190 with 60.

#49 ·
Environmental Engineer 233915
Bachelor degree 15
age 30
English (PTE) 10
state sponsorship 5

total 60

eoi lodge on 23/12/2017 with 55 + 5 =60

soon upgrading to 60 + 5 = 65 due to 5 points from AUS study requirements.

Guys could you please give your opinion about my chances?

thanks lots!!!

#56 ·
It will be difficult with NSW 190 anything below 65. Try Vic, Qld or any other states.

#50 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long will the skill select portal takes to update itself? I am aiming for NSW nomination with 55+5 on 233411 electronic engineering. It seems like it doesn't update immediately.

PS: I tried applying for ACT nomination which open for electronic engineering but the skillselect application indicated that the occupation is not on the list.

Cheers

#57 ·
It will be difficult with NSW 190 anything below 60. Try Vic, Qld or any other states.

#59 ·
Almost no chance. Try get 10 more points and try for 189 or try Vic, Qld or any other states.

#60 ·
I am wall and floor tiler -333411 waiting for my skill assessment. I have 60 points, age 36, aus study 2year including certi3 in tiling, pte 65+, 4year aus experience. I am not including my three year bachleor degree in science as i don't know that i can claim point or not if yes then how. My question is can i get 189 or 190 visa and how long will take for tile.thanks

#62 ·
Hi Guys,

Need your expert advice in clearing few doubts -

What chances one have with 65 points (before SS 5 points) with NSW for 261313 Software Engineer, have 10 points in PTE?

I get a feeling from the threads I was reading in this regards that there is a very slim chance with these points, and I should change to other states, If I change will me DOE will update?

I have only submitted 1 EOI that an another question of why not 2 EOI? Is it 100% official to file 2 EOIs?

#63 ·
Hi Guys,

Need your expert advice in clearing few doubts -

What chances one have with 65 points (before SS 5 points) with NSW for 261313 Software Engineer, have 10 points in PTE?

I get a feeling from the threads I was reading in this regards that there is a very slim chance with these points, and I should change to other states, If I change will me DOE will update?

I have only submitted 1 EOI that an another question of why not 2 EOI? Is it 100% official to file 2 EOIs?

You can have multiple EOI. Every time there's a point change your DOE will be effected.

#70 ·
Guys,

I have my skills EOI submitted on 26/Apr/2017. I have selected the state preference as "All".
I need to know why creating multiple EOIs individually for each state, will this make difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.