Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 6941 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
Subscribing
Rather than add a "Following" or "Subscribing" comment to multiple threads, please use the "Subscribe to this thread" link to subscribe to a thread. :)

You can find it at the top right of the first post in every thread, in the green bar.

Once subscribed, you can unsubscribe the same way. :)

Thank you. :)
kaju

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rather than add a "Following" or "Subscribing" comment to multiple threads, please use the "Subscribe to this thread" link to subscribe to a thread. :)

You can find it at the top right of the first post in every thread, in the green bar.

Once subscribed, you can unsubscribe the same way. :)

Thank you. :)
kaju
Got it

·
Registered
292 Posts
We should now expect the SOL list to be published by NSW.

Hopefully this year will follow the same pattern, so we would know what to expect.

Things are already little off for prorata occupations. SS is the only hope for many out here including me. So keeping fingers crossed and wishing everyone a direct grant soon

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kulwinder84

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Things are already little off for prorata occupations. SS is the only hope for many out here including me. So keeping fingers crossed and wishing everyone a direct grant soon

All the best.

NSW usually goes pro rata ways meaning they invite people with highest DIBP points first and then further sort it based on English Skills and Work Exp.

Last year, I haven't seen anybody got NSW nominations in pro rata below the cut-off points. In fact it was always guys with 5-10 points more than cut-off points that got invite and hence NSW nomination can be more difficult than 189 for pro rata.

If not pro rata, you are welcome.

With 60 points in 2631, it is very unlikely you will get 189 unless the ceiling is increased. So, your best bet would be to try improve 5 points or try other states. They invite people with 60 points given they can fulfill the state requirements.

Saying all, it is based on NSW's last years requirements.

This year they may go other states way and hence you may be up for a better chance in NSW. We need to wait and see what NSW does this year.

Reactions: psroyrajib

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NSW usually goes pro rata ways meaning they invite people with highest DIBP points first and then further sort it based on English Skills and Work Exp.

Last year, I haven't seen anybody got NSW nominations in pro rata below the cut-off points. In fact it was always guys with 5-10 points more than cut-off points that got invite and hence NSW nomination can be more difficult than 189 for pro rata.

If not pro rata, you are welcome.

With 60 points in 2631, it is very unlikely you will get 189 unless the ceiling is increased. So, your best bet would be to try improve 5 points or try other states. They invite people with 60 points given they can fulfill the state requirements.

Saying all, it is based on NSW's last years requirements.

This year they may go other states way and hence you may be up for a better chance in NSW. We need to wait and see what NSW does this year.
I agree, that what they kept last year and most of the year before.

Honestly, I dont think this year will be much different, the matter of fact is - required points score continue to increase, it can be seen with ICT BA (60 were invited in 2016 for a bit) or 26131* - 60 were sort of moving back then... now its solid 70 and 65 respectively.

Of course not all anzscos are impacted... but many.

Lets see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi m bit confused with the following discussion.. can u plz guide my for my non prorata occ chemical engg. i had applied for 190 to NSW in Feb 2017 with 55 points and yet not received and correspondence from dibp. che eng is removed from 190 at present... i want to know about my probabilities of receiving nomination from NSW.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
hi m bit confused with the following discussion.. can u plz guide my for my non prorata occ chemical engg. i had applied for 190 to NSW in Feb 2017 with 55 points and yet not received and correspondence from dibp. che eng is removed from 190 at present... i want to know about my probabilities of receiving nomination from NSW.
Chemical Engg is not removed from 190, so you are still eligible for 190.

But if you mean it is removed from 190 NSW, then yes it was removed from 190 NSW Occupational List and hence you weren't eligible for 190 NSW.

There is no guarantee you will ever get 190 or you may get it tomorrow. It depends on the state.

So, try apply to all the states you can and see if anyone sponsors you. For Chemical Engineer you have chance for 190 since its not pro rata. May be this year you will get it.

In any case, try get 5 more points and get 189 .

·
Registered
292 Posts
Whats your anzsco?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Chemical Engg 233111.

Thanks!! He should try other states. Check anzscosearch.com for more details on your occupation

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
1 - 20 of 6941 Posts