Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there....

I am new to expat forum.

Any one could give an idea as to when would the State Migration plan for NSW update?? The website says that the last update was done : October 2012. Do we expect the next update in October 2013 or later??

Can you throw some light.

I have applied for my skill assessment in VETASSESS one month back and my occupation is there in NSW and NT. But I am worried about whether the same will be there in the next update or not.

Awaiting response.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi there....

I am new to expat forum.

Any one could give an idea as to when would the State Migration plan for NSW update?? The website says that the last update was done : October 2012. Do we expect the next update in October 2013 or later??

Can you throw some light.

I have applied for my skill assessment in VETASSESS one month back and my occupation is there in NSW and NT. But I am worried about whether the same will be there in the next update or not.

Awaiting response.
that depends on number of applications and occupation ceiling..we cannot predict they can suspend occupation at any time mostly twice a month after skill select invitations so make it fast

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ruchkal and ssaditya.

my contention is whether the list is going to be changed for 2013-14 or is going to remain same for the rest of the period.

Occupational ceilings in my case may not be met at all and hence I have a hope to get nsw sponsorship if the occupation remains in the list.

wanted to know whether the state migration plan is due for update or not

·
Registered
385 Posts
There wont be any change atleast till dec so dont worry and hope the best

·
Registered
447 Posts
There wont be any change atleast till dec so dont worry and hope the best
Ssadutya,

Any good news from your side about getting a CO?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Friends,

NSW has been updating its list quite regularly. The last update in the list was on 14 October, 2013, and previous to that on 3 October, 2013. Now they have started to categorically mention on the page of state migration plan, the date of update, which they didn't earlier.

Now, my occupation, university lecturer has been featuring in the list consistently, however in the last update, they have suspended the occupation from one of the regional sponsored category of southern inland. However it continues to feature in 190 as well as for the Murray region.

I had applied for Vetassess on 17 August, 2013 and I believe it would take atleast a month for the assessment to come. I am worried whether the occupation would remain on the list till then, as they have already suspended it from one region.

Can any one advice and calm my nerves.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts